Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jet Stage 1 Chip--HELP!

Old 08-28-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Stage 1 Chip--HELP!

Can someone point me in the right direction on where and how to install this chip in my 08 sahara unlimited. Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

on the driver's side front fender well, is the series of plugs that go to the computer system. One of the plugs gets unplugged and the Jet chip plugged in between the plug and the computer module.

The directions should spell out which ones. I think my Jet instructions said the modules were on the passenger side fender, but it was wrong. On top of the drivers side fender well, under the hood toward the front of the vehicle.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

First pull the neg battery cable. On the right side of the engine compartment you will see 4 1X 2 different colored connections. Disconnect each in order starting on the left side, Plug them back in starting on the outside. The 3rd connection plug in the jet chip and the the last connection. Each connection is colored coded so that reattiching is easy. By now all connections are hooked back up. Attach the battery cable, you should hear your horn beep once. Start the motor and check the instrument lights. No lights drive and have fun. Lights stay on BAD. Turn the motor off and start again.

Roddogg out
Old 08-29-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's where it goes on a manual trans. I think the autos have an extra plug on the right-hand side. It still goes here though, no matter if you have a manual or auto.

js.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

What improvements did you guys find, gas economy, horsepower increase???
Old 09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Where is the plastic housing the protects the computer box. On my JK, that computer box sits inside a black plastic housing. Perhaps I am thinking about the opposite side of the Jeep. I will take a look when I get home
Old 09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Where is the plastic housing the protects the computer box. On my JK, that computer box sits inside a black plastic housing. Perhaps I am thinking about the opposite side of the Jeep. I will take a look when I get home
You're probably thinking of the fuse & relay box on the passenger side. What you're seeing in this picture is on the driver's side.

js.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default me too!

Originally Posted by bubbabeer
What improvements did you guys find, gas economy, horsepower increase???
I am also to hear feedback from objective individuals who have the chip. Has it killed your Mileage? Was the gain in acceleration significant? Other?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Here's a photo of mine istalled on a automatic sahara. The only think you need to be aware of is, there is a clip on the bottom side of the connection that can only be accessed by unbolting the entire unit. It's a bit more of a pain than it looks like it should be, but you won't be able to pull off the factory connection without doing so.

Otherwise, the power increase was pretty nice... Nothing fantastic. Just enough to make you feel like you have a tad more power. Gas mileage, however, dropped by an average of 0.5mpg for me.

Quick Reply: Jet Stage 1 Chip--HELP!