Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Hardtop changes?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Hardtop changes?

I have a 2007 Wrangler X with the soft top and have been looking for a used hardtop to add. I heard there were changes made to the tops in 2010, but not sure if it was just to the softtop, hardtop, or both. Can anyone let me know if there were changes and what they were?

Also, with the changes, are they visible enough to make sure I am buying the right one for my Wrangler?

I may have found one from a local body shop but they were not sure the year of the Jeep that the Freedom top came off of. They said it was about 2-3 years ago, so I might be good.

Nick
Old 05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Niko319
I have a 2007 Wrangler X with the soft top and have been looking for a used hardtop to add. I heard there were changes made to the tops in 2010, but not sure if it was just to the softtop, hardtop, or both. Can anyone let me know if there were changes and what they were?

Also, with the changes, are they visible enough to make sure I am buying the right one for my Wrangler?

I may have found one from a local body shop but they were not sure the year of the Jeep that the Freedom top came off of. They said it was about 2-3 years ago, so I might be good.

Nick
The 2011+ hard tops have larger side and back windows. Not sure about any other changes.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

I sold my 2010 hardtop to a guy with a 2007. The only change we saw was the front latch in the middle above the rearview mirror. It looks like it was moved an inch to the right. It still fit, but the freedom tops weren't able to latch in the middle. It wasn't a big deal since he was able to fabricate something.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by G520
I sold my 2010 hardtop to a guy with a 2007. The only change we saw was the front latch in the middle above the rearview mirror. It looks like it was moved an inch to the right. It still fit, but the freedom tops weren't able to latch in the middle. It wasn't a big deal since he was able to fabricate something.
How did he fabricate something? Did it seem like it would hold and also not leak?

Thanks for the responses

Nick
Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Niko319
How did he fabricate something? Did it seem like it would hold and also not leak?

Thanks for the responses

Nick
I never followed up with him. it didn't seem like it would leak.... But I also can't guarantee it won't. Lol

Quick Reply: JK Hardtop changes?