Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Lift.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Lift.

Im not new to offraoding, but i am new to offroading a jeep, and im wondering what the best lift is for me to get. Im going to run 37's, and I want to know which will give me the best flex and enough space to flex the tires in to the fenderwells! Thanx for all the info!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to our world!

You need to contact David. He is our Northridge4x4 rep. He will steer you in the right direction.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/members/northridge4x4-3/

For 37's a 4" is bare minimum.

Last edited by ZoSo-Green; 02-18-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

going with a tire like 37s and want huge flex you should look at the off road evolution set ups.. AWESOME suspensions..
Old 02-18-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!

I suggest that you start by reading the FAQ in this section. It contains a lot of information regarding how much lift and the consequences of it.

Once you decide on how much lift then run a few SEARCHES on some of the most popular quality lift kits like Teraflex, Rock Krawler, Full Traction, Rubicon Express, OME, Clayton and AEV and see which fits your needs the best.

If you want to see pictures of Jeeps with the lift kits installed just go to the Show Off threads in the Show and Tell sub forum.

Since you are familiar with lift kits maybe you already have a preferred brand. Although, if you experience is with pick up trucks, I suggest you take a look at the brands I listed above. IMO, many of the manufacturers that offer quality lifts kits for pickups do a poor job on their Jeep offerings.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I'm running a TeraFlex 4" LA with 37's on mine. Give me a call tommorow if you have any questions.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

the two I am familar with are terrafelx 6" longarm lift and the rancho 4" long arm. Both lifts are awesome. This is a budget question - spend as much as you can afford. Suspension is not where you want to skimp. I have the 4" and its a better ride than stock (with the 9000 shocks)
-Ram

Quick Reply: JK Lift.