JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/jk-sprintex-owners-issue-list-sprintex-attention-288081/)

D!CKS GARAGE 11-15-2013 03:58 AM

Thats all fine and dandy, but you cant tune out a hardware problem. What about the S/C's cooking themselves, the ones blowing seals and bearings, and the rest of the known issues Sprintex HAS?

Sent from 2 cans and a string.

courtsm3 11-16-2013 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE (Post 3747638)
Thats all fine and dandy, but you cant tune out a hardware problem. What about the S/C's cooking themselves, the ones blowing seals and bearings, and the rest of the known issues Sprintex HAS?

likely fragging from heat, IMO all SC's benefit from a intercooler. just cant wait to see what the sprintex unit does for cooling. its essentially a waiting game until they bring them to market. I'm very interested in getting a used sprintex from a forum member, but the issues give me concerns. funny how RIPP can tune the JK with little to no issues, but sprintex has had a tough time. again , likely to the neglect of a IC>

SAJK 11-17-2013 02:12 AM

Tuning

It seems to me but I dont know for sure that RIPP own the process completely where as Sprintex seem to have outsourced the software side.

This has never made sense to me as the thing under my hood says "Sprintex" on it not Hypertech, diablosport or RPMExtreme. When you put your name in something its ALL your problem and your brand that gets damaged.

Having said that they seem to be making an effort to get things right.

wytmike 11-17-2013 09:29 AM

RIPP uses Diablosport. They worked closely with them just like Sprintex.

11rubiwannabe 11-17-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by courtsm3 (Post 3750009)
likely fragging from heat, IMO all SC's benefit from a intercooler. just cant wait to see what the sprintex unit does for cooling. its essentially a waiting game until they bring them to market. I'm very interested in getting a used sprintex from a forum member, but the issues give me concerns. funny how RIPP can tune the JK with little to no issues, but sprintex has had a tough time. again , likely to the neglect of a IC>

The intercooler will only cool the air after compression.....not before it..

courtsm3 11-17-2013 04:02 PM

I was referring to heat soak

So-Cal4x4 11-18-2013 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by courtsm3 (Post 3751612)
I was referring to heat soak

Here is a recommendation regarding heat soak... take a 5"x9" piece of adhesive heat shield and adhere it to the bottom of the supercharger... just some food for though:wink::beer:

D!CKS GARAGE 11-19-2013 03:34 AM

Well thats like gluing a pice of cardboard to the furnace...

Anybody that has ever ran a (any) Sprintex knows the case of the blower can get up past 200 degrees... You cant even touch them after a good hard run down the highway!

That heat is produced in the blower... Not absorbed from the exhaust manifold... Do they think all people are idiots?

SAJK 11-19-2013 07:22 AM

Really?

Originally Posted by wytmike (Post 3750992)
RIPP uses Diablosport. They worked closely with them just like Sprintex.

Diablosport themselves or just their device and someone else doing the tune?

AdvJeep 11-19-2013 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SAJK (Post 3753765)
Diablosport themselves or just their device and someone else doing the tune?

They use the device and tune in house.