Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Rear Bar Pin Eliminators?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JKS Rear Bar Pin Eliminators?

Can these be run on a stock JK? I read on the JKS site that they reduce shock length by .4, so is it okay to run them stock?

Also did anyone notice a difference with them installed? Right now with the bar pins I can kind of twist the shock by hand..
Old 12-09-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I ran them for almost two years. Wanted to continue running them when my clayton lift was installed but the installer forgot and they got chucked with my trashed RC shocks. The biggest difference I noticed is that the clunking associated with the forever trashed upper shock bushings went away. Once the BPEs were installed I never had to replace an upper shock bushing again.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by skibum
I ran them for almost two years. Wanted to continue running them when my clayton lift was installed but the installer forgot and they got chucked with my trashed RC shocks. The biggest difference I noticed is that the clunking associated with the forever trashed upper shock bushings went away. Once the BPEs were installed I never had to replace an upper shock bushing again.
Thanks. Were they hard to install? How did you get the bar pins out?

Also can I run them stock?
Old 12-09-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Thanks. Were they hard to install? How did you get the bar pins out?

Also can I run them stock?
1. They were a bitch to install........hope you own a vise.
2. Bar pins damn near fall out on there own.
3. I ran them stock no problem, then with a 2 1/2" RC lift and like I said, I was going to run them with my 4 1/2" Clayton lift.

I think that the only thing they won't work with is Old Man Emu shocks.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by skibum
1. They were a bitch to install........hope you own a vise.
2. Bar pins damn near fall out on there own.
3. I ran them stock no problem, then with a 2 1/2" RC lift and like I said, I was going to run them with my 4 1/2" Clayton lift.

I think that the only thing they won't work with is Old Man Emu shocks.
THanks for the info!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a couple of months back i broke a barpin and messed up 1 of my shocks, so i had to get a new shock. i was on rc's website and saw that they make barpin eliminator kits and they're only $20. just ordered a set, so this doesn't happen again
Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ebp 99 si
a couple of months back i broke a barpin and messed up 1 of my shocks, so i had to get a new shock. i was on rc's website and saw that they make barpin eliminator kits and they're only $20. just ordered a set, so this doesn't happen again
IMHO RC's BPE setup, while better than stock, is not even close to what JKS offers. I've got the RC setup on my daughter's TJ (front lowers) and it works OK but it doesn't preload the shock bushings the same way that the JKS setup does so I'm still periodically replacing shock bushings on the TJ. Much easier to install, and cheaper........but you get what you pay for.

Last edited by skibum; 12-10-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what exactly do these do? Will they make a quieter ride in the cabin (i know jeeps are never a "quiet ride")? Do the work with stock Rubi shocks and 2" lift?

Quick Reply: JKS Rear Bar Pin Eliminators?