Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS trackbar installed, new clunking and ect intereference

Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS trackbar installed, new clunking and ect intereference

So I installed my track bar this evening and followed the directions quite thoroughly. I centered the axle, after multiple attempts, and now the front end clunks when I turn either direction and the traction control goes absolutely nuts when I press the brake during a turn. Is this due to my front end needing to be aligned? The steering wheel is very off now, but it actually tracks way better than it used to with the stock bar in place. Any words of wisdom/snarky comments? Thanks!

Dylan
Old 11-03-2014, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

The steering wheel needs to be straight you need to adjust it by turning the adjustment sleeve on the drag link. As far as the clunk could be several things I would start with making sure the track bar bolts are torqued well and the holes are not wallowed out on the mounts. Also make sure the jam nut is tight on the track bar.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have someone else turn the wheel while you look at the front end. You will probably see your track bar popping.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

traction control issue is due to an off center steering wheel. The popping is either a loose jam nut on the trackbar's adjustable end or the mounting bolts are not properly torqued. Like mentioned above, have someone turn the wheel and watch/feel for movement
Old 11-04-2014, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Re tightened everything this morning and straightened out the steering wheel. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the tips!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great glad it was that easy clunking can drive you crazy and be difficult to find sometimes.

Quick Reply: JKS trackbar installed, new clunking and ect intereference