Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jks vs rock krawler vs teraflex

Old 06-12-2017, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigfx
Yeah I would be down for a ride if your local
Will, Russ and I are all local to FTW. Welcome to the area! I run RK 3.5" coils, AEV control arm correction brackets, RK track bar and rear bracket, EVO raised track bar bracket and drag link flip, with Kings in front and Fox in rear. I have right around $1k into my lift when new. I make the same offer as Will giving rides. How else do you know to stay far away from the cheaper brands? As for local clubs......... there's a couple of larger ones, first one you find on Facebook for North Texas......stay far far far far away from. There's one that's related to a movie that's pretty decent. Basically just start meeting people. We have lots of meets every week.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRSLO
Will, Russ and I are all local to FTW. Welcome to the area! I run RK 3.5" coils, AEV control arm correction brackets, RK track bar and rear bracket, EVO raised track bar bracket and drag link flip, with Kings in front and Fox in rear.
Y, I'm (Russ mentioned above) in the Fort Worth as well, not too far from Canvas (Will). I have 3.5" RK springs paired with full Metalcloak arms and Fox 2.0 shocks. Other mods listed in my profile. The three of us have generally similar builds, so not sure great in regards to comparing vastly different things......but you're welcome to take a ride in mine as well.

Originally Posted by SPRSLO
As for local clubs......... there's a couple of larger ones, first one you find on Facebook for North Texas......stay far far far far away from. There's one that's related to a movie that's pretty decent.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Someone needs to let warm me lol, I think I got the movie analogy club, I need to check that out and thank you for the ride offers I may have to take y'all up on those
Old 06-12-2017, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bigfx
Someone needs to let warm me lol, I think I got the movie analogy club, I need to check that out and thank you for the ride offers I may have to take y'all up on those
It's North Texas specific..... if that helps. As far as movies, think early 00's movie that also contained aliens. Will (canvas) has some meets in the works for the forum coming up as well.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Lol, I gotcha. If there is a meet coming up let me know
Old 06-12-2017, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

There's a lesser known, higher quality club to the west called Willow Park Jeep Club. It has a member of one! We strive for quality over quantity. There are a couple candidates seeking initiation, but that has yet to be decided! LOL.

Poor Bigfx just trying to find a lift and Josh turning thread in to a Steve Harvey game show of guess the jeep club. LOL.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
There's a lesser known, higher quality club to the west called Willow Park Jeep Club. It has a member of one! We strive for quality over quantity. There are a couple candidates seeking initiation, but that has yet to be decided! LOL.

Poor Bigfx just trying to find a lift and Josh turning thread in to a Steve Harvey game show of guess the jeep club. LOL.
Hey, I'm just trying to save the guy months of bad Jeep experiences followed by drama and hatred of life. He's already here, so he's miles ahead of most of our local Jeepers. I just didn't want to step on any toes around here lol.

Bigfx, best meets I've been to are JKForum, Tribe4x4 meet, which is first Wednesday of the month and DFW Jeeps, which is first Thursday of the month. FB will announce the place and time. You'll meet people with knowledge, experience and effective use of their Jeeps at those meets, not a dog and pony show for decals and lightbars.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
LOL +1. Another issue I've experienced....course this one was not all my fault. If you don't get that positioned correctly it will indeed hit your driver's side rear shock if the bracket is tall enough.
What!? You didn't report this to me prior? Now, I need to go check my rear TB alignment and make sure my rear shock has not been slapping against it.

LOL!!!
Old 06-13-2017, 05:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Rednroll
What!? You didn't report this to me prior? Now, I need to go check my rear TB alignment and make sure my rear shock has not been slapping against it.

LOL!!!
I was about an hour west of Colorado Springs, CO heading out to Ouray. Driving down mountain road my rear bracket snapped! I was able to limp back to my dad's house up in the mountains very slowly. Drive down to Colorado Springs fortunately netted me a new bracket....a monster at that...the Teraflex bracket intended for 14b axle (options were limited). Drive back up to the house and search for a dang welder in the middle of nowhere ensued. Found a guy able to weld that on while laying on his gravel drive. It was less than ideal situation. Anyhow, that bracket is really tall.....and when got home realized that it made contact with the shock body under flex. Ugh. that sent me down the path to EVO Rockstars to relocate the shock mount and give me a LCA skid as well as extra clearance....although unless you relocate the upper mount as well, which is no small task, it changes your required shock length.

LOL, so keep that one in mind for future reference.

I will say it's probably not something that MOST people will encounter with a typical build I don't think, but Dirtman highlighted a valid point.

Last edited by resharp001; 06-13-2017 at 05:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Jks vs rock krawler vs teraflex