Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKU With RIPP but looking for more extra power .. advice and recommendation pls

Old 09-18-2017, 11:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU With RIPP but looking for more extra power .. advice and recommendation pls

Hi All,

hope things going well with you .

let me explain what is the current set up and then Inspire me with your ideas for more upgrades,

2015 JKU Rubicon auto Trasmission

Ripp SC with a dyane custom tune ( 368.5 WHP on Mustang dyne )

exhaust system ( after the Y pipe, straight 3inch pipe with Borla XR1 Multy core muffler ) removed stock resonator and no cat back system . high clearance 3 inch Pipe.

Nitro 4.56 R&P
Nitro Front and rear heavy duty Axel shaft
Tom Woods from and rear Dive shafts
Teraflex 4 inch left kit
teraflex complete 8 adjustable and flex arms
teraflex HD steering dragline kit
Fox internal 2.5 bypass shocks with adjuster along with fox speed pumps
315x70x17 Kumho Mud terrain KL71 tires
17x9 Method Beadloacks wheels

thats the main Mods..

now what i require if more power ..
kindly put in your mind in our region we do desert drive not rock crawling.

- what if i used the altitude ripp poly
yes it will give more boost but what is the disadvantage and what i need to do to make sure the engine can handle ?

- Methanol system
i heard it will improve to cool down the temp and this will lead to handle more PSI boost

- prodigy turbos introduced the heavy duty pistons .. what if i install those pistons with the above 2 parts ( polly & Methanol ) will it work and will i face a hard time to tune it ?

- what els you believe it will be useful to have good upgrade to increase the power

- tune wise ( current tune is still rich tune not lean ) any recommendation on this part

- Catalytic converter started to melt ( seal i use the AFE cat system or just replace with new stock one ) or what you advice guys

mainly this what i want to know
will do appreciate if the comments be around the topic and not to be far away from it so everyone can take this thread as professional thread to talk in it .

best regards

Last edited by JKUR2015; 09-19-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With every motor out there, you will not have much gain in exhaust pipe diameters.

I think a big question here is where do you want the power? The Ripp Superchargers use a Centrifugal type compressor meaning that while your 368hp is huge, it is also in the higher RPM range. This works well for blasting through the desert but you will notice lag on the start. A roots style blower would give you bigger boost down low which is more seat of the pants style power that a lot of people expect but also flattens off faster than the centrifugal style.

Have you changed to higher fuel delivery injectors? More fuel means bigger explosions.

The 4.56 gearing works well for a stock motor on 315s but may contribute to feeling slower with the boosted motor.

When it comes down to it, an LS motor will have a better power curve, better transmission and better reliability than putting huge amounts of boost into a Pentastar. You can also SC an LS pretty easily
Old 09-19-2017, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get a real engine.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

according to the rules here its not that easy register a car with swap engine and I'm already on this setup now ... was thinking to boost it more ..

i do agree 4.56 gearing is a bit high on a boosted engine but the reason u did that .. with 3inch pipe i knew i will lose a bit of back pressure and 4.56 is covering that by giving more torque.

in desert we do not really go that fast specially while playing in small dune but still our RPM is on high while playing so I'm kind happy with acceleration ...

one thing is a bit start to be annoying that the rate in transfer case in rubicon is high on low gear.. for example clubbing a huge dune we require to drive in low but with rubicon ratio and 4.56 there is no speed ..

my friend here replace his transfer case from rubicon to sahara but that was in manual transmission but in auto its kind of not easy coz diablo is not having the option to do it ... however procal is doing it and here is another question ..

the car is ripp and PCM is replaced by diablo .. if i get a procal and calibrate the new trasfeaecase will it will work in case if i change the transfer case ???

also .. i would love to hear from someone who used the altitude polly from ripp . what should and should not do in this case ??

also the pistons and methanol system to be added ?? any feed back

the only thing that is annoying in this engine is the pistons are really weak and not made to handle extra force induction ...
Old 09-20-2017, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The altitude pulley will begin to generate boost earlier in the RPM range as well as increase max boost. As long as you have an inter-cooler with unobstructed air flow through it you do not need meth injection or upgraded internals to run the altitude pulley.

Regarding your transfer case, the 4:1 ratio is designed for rock crawling and slow moving over obstacles. Youd be better suited to run a sport transfer case. Email Diablo, they can change the tcase ratio in your tune, you can upload that to your ECU with the Intune that came with your RIPP.

Quick Reply: JKU With RIPP but looking for more extra power .. advice and recommendation pls