Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Junk: Rough Country

Old 06-02-2014, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junk: Rough Country

Rough Country Suspension has some of the worst prodcuts known to the Jeep world. Do not buy anything they sell. Unless you enjoy paying good money for junk. I have experienced just about everything they sell and nothing has been worth a $hit. It took me waaaayy too long to realize I should just save my money and wait until I can pull the trigger on stuff that has some quality. Maybe not the best there is made, but sure not RC. I am hoping to save my fellow Jeepers any hassle with purchasing their junk.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Could you provide some examples of what the issues were that you've had? Just curious. I have their wheel spacers on my '09 and have put about 10k miles on them (including a few trips off road) with no issues.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rozzman10
Rough Country Suspension has some of the worst prodcuts known to the Jeep world. Do not buy anything they sell. Unless you enjoy paying good money for junk. I have experienced just about everything they sell and nothing has been worth a $hit. It took me waaaayy too long to realize I should just save my money and wait until I can pull the trigger on stuff that has some quality. Maybe not the best there is made, but sure not RC. I am hoping to save my fellow Jeepers any hassle with purchasing their junk.
That's funny as I've had their 3.25" lift for almost 2 years and many wheeling trips and have 0 complaints about it.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Please elaborate more. I have over 20K miles on their 2.5" Coils, shocks, QDs, 1.5" wheel spacers, RS9500 winch; over 5K on their 1.25" MT shifter & rear bumper lifts that I installed in conjunction with TF's 1.25" Body lift. All these survived my 2014 EJS Trip in 3D, F&T & Kane Creek Canyon trails.

I just installed their HD Crossmember (because OE got bent in Moab trip) and I'm about to install their Gas Tank Skid.

Last edited by 08XRedRockHD; 06-02-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put on a gas tank skid and it worked great out at MOAB. My stock tank skid was getting pretty beat up for my LCOG 4 door. The coating/paint was shiza, but the part worked fine.

I have a friend with an LJ that did their long arm kit. He said it wasn't the best, but the best that he could afford. Two of the joints blew apart after the first few hundred miles and they sent him replacements asap. He seems to be happy so far.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think some specific examples would help your case. A blanket i hate XYZ company doesnt really provide much info.
Personally, i have their budget boost and it's been fine and i will definately consider them for future upgrades.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Yea you don't know what your talking about I have many friends with rcx stuff and no problem and I love the front bumper on my rig and it's been used and hit some stuff and it's good even install was way better than any smittybilt bumper I've put on you need to put down the pipe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3523879556.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	557148  
Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Thats pretty unfortunate for ya, I have their coil spacers (even though they are coil spacers) they work for just fine. I just got their adjustable flex control arm set for my 3 in Rancho lift. I've heard pretty good reviews from them...maybe try talking with them...they have outstanding customer service. Good luck to you.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default issues

I also I had issues with my TJ, first lift, i was in high school and broke... now I buy better stuff, but I had specific issues such as ride quality, jeep was not level front to back or side to side, install issues and more...

you are going to have to be a lot more specific than this...
Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

To be a little more specific about some issues I will start with the latest of the problems. A few weeks ago I bought the stubby front bumper with winch mount, D-ring kit, and stinger bar. The winch plate being a seperate piece is the first problem because that just stacks up tolerance for moutning things from the beginning of the install. However it did mount with no issue, and then the bumper also went on somewhat smooth. The problem came up whenever I started putting the stinger and the D-rings on. I tried everything I could think of to get it all to mount up, but the tolerances between the two different parts were so sloppy that nothing would mount. The D-ring plate itself wasn't even flat. It was warped, bad. So, I removed it and sent the whole tihng back. Another issue was their shocks. The shocks kept failing, leaking, wearing out completely. Credit to RC for replacing one of the shocks, once. Even though it was an internal issue they had with many of those shocks. Needless to say I took them off this weekend, chunked them in the dumpster, and added some Fox shocks. I had their 2.5" coil lift for a little while and within the first year the spring sag was so bad that the lift was almost useless. The RC quick discos I got wore out so bad that the ball and socket joint came completely apart one day. No way to grease or replace them, and RC wouldn't warranty them, so I purchased JKS ones that are greasable. I kept trying their products hoping that I was just getting some bad parts that slipped through QC, but after years of dealing with them I am done. I hate to say it because RC is a local company from here in West TN that I always wanted to support, but RC is just cheap. I could continue to add to this list but it get ridiculous. Moral of the story: you get what you pay for. Just hoping to save some fellow Jeeper frustration in the future.

Last edited by rozzman10; 06-02-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Junk: Rough Country