Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just got 37's please help!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2016, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Truss
Old 02-28-2016, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg

I know the company you're referring to. It's an interesting option. I wonder how they are addressing the clearance issue between the 10.5 Sterling and the fuel tank for jeeps that still run the OEM suspension design. I suppose you could use the 14 bolt? Of course the OP may not have that issue with 6" of lift.
I would definitely go 14 bolt in the rear if it was me. And the company I'm referring to is fusion 4x4.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:56 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the BFG KO2s in 37 and they are only 2 lbs more than my BFG KM2's in a 35. 71lbs versus 69lbs. So as long as you're not running something super heavy like Toyo Open Country's which are 83 lbs each for a 37 tire, that will help. I believe that BFG still has the lightest tires on the market or at least at one time they did.

I am running beadlocks so it's probably a little heavier than your standard wheel. If you're running non-beadlocks then you can save some rotational weight there.

The open diff on the D30 will also help. Not to say you can't/won't blow your d30 or snap an axle shaft but guys have run 37s on it. You just have to really watch your gas/skinny pedal. You won't be able to run it like an ultra racer at the King of Hammers. Try to keep your front tires down under controlled throttle instead of axle/wheel hopping it under heavy acceleration.

Having said that, I will be upgrading to 1-ton axles but in the meantime I'll do what I can to keep the D30 intact. It does have c-gussets, nitro sleeved, teraflex balljoints, and a rancho skid.

(edit)
...I just read you're adding a sprintex......lol....I'll back out of the convo now lol

Last edited by DJ1; 03-01-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't read through this whole thread but it seems the biggest issue here seems to be piss poor advice from whatever shop is helping the op with this build. Seems like throwing money at a rig after the fact to band aid bad build decisions. Run 37's on a D30 is stupid. Then adding a truss is a waste of money the internals will never support those tires.

Looks like a lot of transamerican parts on the rig in page one I can speculate on who has been the shop, lol

OP you are in too deep with this build now it's unfortunate you have likely wasted money on things you will get no benefit from and have to redo later. It's good that you are on the forum now. Listen to the guys here and don't spend money on things they don't recommend. Many shops don't have a clue what they are doing.

PS... Take the supercharger money and buy a pro rock or some other Dana 44 front axle instead. It'll save you headaches in the long run!

Last edited by Biginboca; 03-02-2016 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Good observations. However,OP, don't get discouraged, all of us have been there.

Having spent a bundle beefing the stock D44 on my JKUR , I later sold it and swapped in a stronger housing. F I had it to do again I wouldn't spent a dime on stock front housings. So many good aftermarket packages now, pick one and be happy.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Supercharger is a done deal. The shop doing work will be doing axle upgrades early next year. Thanks everyone for the input

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 03-02-2016, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Montero26
Supercharger is a done deal. The shop doing work will be doing axle upgrades early next year. Thanks everyone for the input

Have you already gotten the supercharger installed?
Old 03-02-2016, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

It's being done should be complete by Friday.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default Supercharger

How does it drive with the Sprintex supercharger?
Old 03-08-2016, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wightmn
How does it drive with the Sprintex supercharger?
Interested also

Quick Reply: Just got 37's please help!!!!!!!