Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just had a new muffler put on.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just had a new muffler put on.

It's a 80 series Flowmaster that is made for the Camaro. Just like the Magnaflow Camaro muffler somebody else had put on awhile back. They said they muffler was $180; they charged me a total of $200 even. They gas welded everything too. Now it looks like I have duals. I'll post pics later if anyone wants me too. Oh, yeah. It sounds good when I start it and I can hear it when I'm accelerating. No drone at all, at least not in town. I haven't been over 50 MPH with it yet.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

How about some pics. Have you been over 50 yet?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Can you get a sound clip too? I was thinking about getting the Flowmaster 40, or Super 44 this weekend.

Is it true that the 40 series have a lower pitched sound than the other models?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah, where are the pics and if you can get a sound clip, that would be awesome
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't know how to get a sound clip. I've only been in town with it so far, but I'll drive it to work tomorrow. I have no clue as to what other Flowmaster mufflers sound like. Mine is not loud, but you can definitely hear it when you crank it up. I'm satisfied with it.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:29 AM
JK Freak

I would be interested in seeing some pics. I would like to get rid of the stock muffler and replace it with something else but am concerned about losing power. I know there's a thread here somewhere about someone replacing their exhaust and losing power because of ?lower backpressure??. I would like to know for sure before changing. Have you noticed any decrease in power at any rpm range?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm going to take my Jeep to Midas tommorow and talk to them. They do strictly Flowmaster cat-backs and mufflers. See what they'd recommend, maybe they'll have a vehicle or two on the premises they could start up so I can hear the differences.

Will also ask them about performance.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeepSky
I'm going to take my Jeep to Midas tommorow and talk to them. They do strictly Flowmaster cat-backs and mufflers. See what they'd recommend, maybe they'll have a vehicle or two on the premises they could start up so I can hear the differences.

Will also ask them about performance.
I'm very interested in what you are gonna find out! Try to get some pricing too from Midas. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bodo
I would be interested in seeing some pics. I would like to get rid of the stock muffler and replace it with something else but am concerned about losing power. I know there's a thread here somewhere about someone replacing their exhaust and losing power because of ?lower backpressure??. I would like to know for sure before changing. Have you noticed any decrease in power at any rpm range?
It seems to be a bit quicker, but the PCM really hasn't had enough time to recognize it yet.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that was my idea!!!

I've been tripping over the same muffler for 6 months in my garage. I got it from Summit a while back and haven't had time to get it installed.

Quick Reply: Just had a new muffler put on.