Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JUST INSTALLED SKIDROW's ENG/TRANNY SKID

Old 03-17-2007, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JUST INSTALLED SKIDROW's ENG/TRANNY SKID

I have to admit this Engine/Tranny Skid is a piece of work, and the fit, finish, and strength is superior.(these are available right now) This will give me the confidence I needed and a very high comfort level offroad that I won't damage anything in that critical area. Now having their Front Skid, Rock Rail's, and Engine/Tranny Skid installed, I think the JK is moving right a long in the ARMOR Dept. (SKIDROW OFFROAD)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

ROCK RAILS & ENGINE/TRANNY SKID SHOT
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-17-2007, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! I had the SkidRow engine/transmission skid on my 2004 Rubicon.

How is the fit on the driver side between the bracket and the front drive line? Do you have a picture of that area with the passenger side tire stuffed and the driver side tire drooping (just like in the picture on the ramp)?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jdrogers
How is the fit on the driver side between the bracket and the front drive line? Do you have a picture of that area with the passenger side tire stuffed and the driver side tire drooping (just like in the picture on the ramp)?
Curious as well. how close is the front driveshaft?

the 4 door skid works on the two door? I take it, its all the same?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jdrogers
Looks good! I had the SkidRow engine/transmission skid on my 2004 Rubicon.

Hey jdogers, I don't have a picture of that, these are my picture's, but Eric took a bunch under each side/front showing clearance of all driveline. He said all the clearance was great and he said he's puting these picture's on their Website maybe today.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

when are the rails avail?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OJMiles
when are the rails avail?

OJMiles
he has few little tweeks to make on his JIG and he's ready to go....I would definitely call him & he can give you an exact date & any other questions you have. I'm like Santa's little helper, but Santa know's much more info than I do.
The Rock Rail's can be used to jack up your JK up(I already did it)

"Beermonkey"
He use the factory bolts plus some of his own through the rear of the Skid at the cross member. Up front he mounted the Plated brackets... ((and dont quote me on this)) but pretty sure it was on the motor mount bolts. I know it's super strong.

We looked at a Stock Bumper Winch Plate idea today,...I have a ((EWI 10,000
T-MAX)) coming Wednesday and he want's to mount it. He's still going to make his great "Nightcrawler Bumper" for the JK, but he thought a Winch Mounting Plate on Stock Bumber would be a good idea first.

Last edited by wayoflifette; 03-17-2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: removed phone #

Quick Reply: JUST INSTALLED SKIDROW's ENG/TRANNY SKID