Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just ordered my JKS Dicsos!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my JKS Dicsos!

Thanks for the tip on buying them from Northridge! Can't beat the price and free shipping.

Should be here in about 5 days...just in time for my next Jeep trip. Any tips on install? I heard it's pretty straight forward and easy but anything I should take note of?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Junkie

nice.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

righty tighty, lefty loosey.

get some big zip ties to secure the swaybar after disconnect.

The pin without the tapered end goes on the passenger side axle mount by the axle trackbar mount.

stop at a tractor supply store and get a few extra lynch pins for when you loose the ones they came with.

...that's about it.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the stock links off of both sides first (ask me how I know this)
then put the passenger side on before you put the driver's side on.
also find something to fit in the pin hole that is long enough to give you leverage when you torque it.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock
{SNIP}
Or.... I bought a carabiner that is attached to my toolbag, and I snap my lynch pins on there. Haven't lost one yet (knocking on wood)
I lost the driver's side lower in tall grass, I am not sure if the spring loop got caught on grass and got pulled out, or if it just broke and rattled out before i noticed it.

The disco didnt pop off, I was just missing the pin. a little bag of two pins was like $3. so i bought two. the extras are in the glove box.

I like putting things together like you mentioned on the carabiner, and that is a great idea.....

...but in my case, it just makes it more convenient for me to lose them all at the same time.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Lay the pins out...they are not all the same length.

The passenger side bottom one is flat tipped, but the other 3 are different from each other by a little bit, and its hard to get clearance for the bushing to slide on if you have a longer pin where the shorter one should go, etc.

Turning the steering as needed makes room to work too, as at least on my stock height JK, the steering was in the way of a decent reach in, etc.

Those socket/wrenches, the kind that are open ended and have a ratcheting section in the middle.....very handy.

I've used them now a few times, and the JK ones are just as easy as my TJ ones were...on/off in a breeze.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

You can do 1 side at a time but make sure you are on level ground. Very level. You'll see very slight differences if it is not 100% level.

Don't forget to grease often while breaking them in.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi

I need to do this mod.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys!!

Quick Reply: Just ordered my JKS Dicsos!