Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JW Speaker Evo 2 vs Trucklites

Old 12-05-2015, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the ignite off-road lights. Will post my thoughts when they are installed.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

In October I purchased the Truck-Lite and PWM adapter package from N4x4 for my 2015 JKUR. I installed and made some vertical adjustments. Wow, they were much brighter than stock. High beams were incredible. But I sure hated the pair of X or Y or whatever you want to call them artifacts or hot spots. I also had the slight delay going from high beam to low beam. Overall, they are pretty damn nice and I think worth the $369 special price.

Northridge4x4 ran the JW 8700 E2's on special for $475 with the PWM adapters. Based on my research, I grabbed me some. Was able to get $300 for my slightly used Truck-lites via Craigslist. I also purchased the head light screws for the JK to allow me adjust horizontally too. Installed the screws, JWs and adjusted. The JWs are better. To me they are better because I like the light pattern better. It is more even. The cut off is better. It does not have the annoying X/Y hot spots. They do have hot spots but they are rectangular and larger. With adjustments they aren't really noticeable and when they are they are lighting things up instead of flashing letters on things. I am not getting any delay going from high to low with these either. They are not as bright as the Truck-lites though. BUT still plenty better than stock and lot's of light. Not worth the normal $720 price tag. Well worth the $475.

I'd pay $720 for the brightness of the TLs with the projection of the JWs. That would be awesome.

PS, I have a pair of Rigid D2 Driving Lights relayed off my high beams so when there is no oncoming traffic I's got plenty o light with either head lamp.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TxJeepers
In October I purchased the Truck-Lite and PWM adapter package from N4x4 for my 2015 JKUR. I installed and made some vertical adjustments. Wow, they were much brighter than stock. High beams were incredible. But I sure hated the pair of X or Y or whatever you want to call them artifacts or hot spots. I also had the slight delay going from high beam to low beam. Overall, they are pretty damn nice and I think worth the $369 special price.

Northridge4x4 ran the JW 8700 E2's on special for $475 with the PWM adapters. Based on my research, I grabbed me some. Was able to get $300 for my slightly used Truck-lites via Craigslist. I also purchased the head light screws for the JK to allow me adjust horizontally too. Installed the screws, JWs and adjusted. The JWs are better. To me they are better because I like the light pattern better. It is more even. The cut off is better. It does not have the annoying X/Y hot spots. They do have hot spots but they are rectangular and larger. With adjustments they aren't really noticeable and when they are they are lighting things up instead of flashing letters on things. I am not getting any delay going from high to low with these either. They are not as bright as the Truck-lites though. BUT still plenty better than stock and lot's of light. Not worth the normal $720 price tag. Well worth the $475.

I'd pay $720 for the brightness of the TLs with the projection of the JWs. That would be awesome.

PS, I have a pair of Rigid D2 Driving Lights relayed off my high beams so when there is no oncoming traffic I's got plenty o light with either head lamp.
i've got the JW evo 2's as well and feel that the horizontal adjustment is necessary. Where did you pick the adjustment screws up from and how big of a project was it to install them? Did you use a particular write up or you tube video to aid in understanding the install?
Old 12-13-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redhat6161
i've got the JW evo 2's as well and feel that the horizontal adjustment is necessary. Where did you pick the adjustment screws up from and how big of a project was it to install them? Did you use a particular write up or you tube video to aid in understanding the install?
its pretty easy. you buy the screws from the dealership. The headlight sits inside of a plastic bucket thats supported on the screws and a pivot point. you just remove one of the pivot screws and replace it with the adjustable screw and then put it all beck together. probably an hour job at the most if you have no ideal what you are doing.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
That would be awesome if you could put one of each in an compare them at night time.
Here is a simple demonstration with 1 of each light installed. I block out each side for about 3 secs on both low and high beam (low first).

Draw your own conclusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsUzn1RpZAg

Quick Reply: JW Speaker Evo 2 vs Trucklites