Keep patriot shake - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep patriot shake

Old 02-18-2018, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Keep patriot shake

When accelerating on freeway at about 60-70 mph, front of jeep shakes a bit. Smooths out after 70 mph. No steering wheel shake or vibration. Tires rotated 4000 miles ago and are in good shape. This only happens when pushing on the gas.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep patriot

When accelerating between 60-70 mph, front end shakes a bit. No steering wheel vibration or shake. After 70, it smooths out. Only happens when pushing on gas. 2011, patriot. Tires rotated 4000 miles ago and are in good shape. Haven't hit anything. Not sure what's going on?
Old 02-18-2018, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similar shake at 65 or so and ended up being a tire out of balance. No problems since.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Yep, I would guess tire balance also.

I buy tires through discount tire. They have free lifetime balance/rotation so I go in every 3k. I have gone in with no shimmy, and left with a bad shimmy. And I have had them rebalance to fix a shimmy, and had to go back 1 or 2 more times to get the shimmy to go away. So, the moral of that story is : just because you have rotated and/or balanced, does not mean it was done correctly...
Old 02-19-2018, 02:30 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
Keep patriot shake.
Not trying to run you off, but this forum is actually for owners of Jeep Wrangler JKs: 2007-2018. Only bring that to your attention since you might get more relevant answers (beyond the likely tire balance) on a more appropriate forum.

Quick Reply: Keep patriot shake

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: