Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

King Coilover Compression Adjusters

Old 10-06-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Coilover Compression Adjusters

Is anyone running the adjusters on their coilovers? If so what do you have them set at for hitting the rocks and also street driving? Thanks for any help!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I do.

I set them depending on the load in my jeep, top/doors, speed, and the terrain. I run them softer with lower speed and lighter weight. As the weight increases and/or the speed, I turn them up. I almost never run them on max or min though. Say I'm on the Rubicon with a full load, but I'm crawling, I set them at about 50%. If I'm crawling with no top/doors and a light load out at the Hammers I run with only a few clicks (2-4). After a trail and back out in the open desert or fire roads I turn them up 5-10 clicks before flooring it.

On the road, I run them 5-7 clicks from max
Old 10-07-2014, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Your valving and weight/coil rates will have an affect so you really can't compare two shocks unless they are set up the same.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigLow
I do.

I set them depending on the load in my jeep, top/doors, speed, and the terrain. I run them softer with lower speed and lighter weight. As the weight increases and/or the speed, I turn them up. I almost never run them on max or min though. Say I'm on the Rubicon with a full load, but I'm crawling, I set them at about 50%. If I'm crawling with no top/doors and a light load out at the Hammers I run with only a few clicks (2-4). After a trail and back out in the open desert or fire roads I turn them up 5-10 clicks before flooring it.

On the road, I run them 5-7 clicks from max
Sweet. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you sir.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Mostly,,, what dirtman said; however, since you asked.

For rock crawling I soften mine completely. For faster trails with larger than usual bumps or whoops,, I go about 3 clicks from full stiff. For around town I like a soft ride, but like control at highway speeds, so I adjust up 5-7 clicks from the softest setting.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Your valving and weight/coil rates will have an affect so you really can't compare two shocks unless they are set up the same.
Very true. Was just trying to get a ballpark on what everyone is running them on.

Originally Posted by big dr
Mostly,,, what dirtman said; however, since you asked.

For rock crawling I soften mine completely. For faster trails with larger than usual bumps or whoops,, I go about 3 clicks from full stiff. For around town I like a soft ride, but like control at highway speeds, so I adjust up 5-7 clicks from the softest setting.
Thank you! Dont seem too popular in the jeep community these shocks.

Quick Reply: King Coilover Compression Adjusters