Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King coilovers vs King 2.5 shocks

Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King coilovers vs King 2.5 shocks

Hmm if someone who's knowledgeable would chime in; How much better would it be to switch to coilovers from 2.5 fox or king shocks res since I believe the king coilovers are 2.0 shocks, at least from Evo. Again not sure. Just wondering from others who know. I'm talking ride quality. I already know the offroad performance is better.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Been through several sets of suspension lifts and shocks, Skyjacker, Rough Country, Bilstein 5160s res. Finally happy with the current setup I have which is the Kings 12" travel coilover tuned by EVO. After some minor adjustments and spring rate swapping, the performance and ride of these coilovers is pretty damn nice.

Ive got my lift height low for coilovers but I really dont need to go fast offroad...but if I decide to start wheeling the fast stuff I just simply change out springs, adjust lift height, add air bumps and Im good to go...basically these shocks are rebuildable and so tuneable that it should be the last shocks on the your Jeep.

Better to break the piggy bank once then twice or thrice LOL!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	37 NITTO 4.jpg
Views:	1302
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	414319   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	414320   Click image for larger version

Name:	evo rear 2.jpg
Views:	1138
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	414321   Click image for larger version

Name:	king evo 1.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	414322  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
Been through several sets of suspension lifts and shocks, Skyjacker, Rough Country, Bilstein 5160s res. Finally happy with the current setup I have which is the Kings 12" travel coilover tuned by EVO. After some minor adjustments and spring rate swapping, the performance and ride of these coilovers is pretty damn nice.

Ive got my lift height low for coilovers but I really dont need to go fast offroad...but if I decide to start wheeling the fast stuff I just simply change out springs, adjust lift height, add air bumps and Im good to go...basically these shocks are rebuildable and so tuneable that it should be the last shocks on the your Jeep.

Nice looking jeep.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home

So the actual coil part of them greatly improves ride quality over just normal springs?

I currently have the king 2.5 shocks so would upgrading be worth it?

Last edited by AveryR; 01-26-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AveryR
So the actual coil part of them greatly improves ride quality over just normal springs?

I currently have the king 2.5 shocks so would upgrading be worth it?

Theres two different coil rates to each shock that you could customize. This and the tuned valving is what makes them so much better. Plus an added benefit is you will gain excellent flex and shock travel. I drive my jeep about 60 miles a day in Houston so these shocks have saved my back. I also think the tires and tire pressure make a big difference, my nittos are way softer than my previous KM2s. Well worth it IMHO

Quick Reply: King coilovers vs King 2.5 shocks