Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

King vs Fox

Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, this is helping a ton as of right now I'm leaning more toward the King brand and maybe thinking about going up on the type of shock and get some adjustables, keep the inputs coming
Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

So, what kind of wheeling are you going to set up and valve the shocks for?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AtayJK
Its my daily, but like i said i am finally at the point were I'm about to jump into a lot of upgrades and just wanna do it right to start wheeling her
Ok doing it right doesn't mean you have to spend $1500 or more on just shocks. Fox makes adjustable also I believe. Rancho makes adjustable that a lot of people love and use. Just because it's king doesn't mean your going to absolutely love them or you'll be set and never have to worry bout it again. Like I said I switched back to regular non resi fox because I actually liked them better and they fit my needs. Used the money from selling just 2 shocks and got a few more mods.

Now I'm not saying don't get king. It sounds as if you were already pretty much set on them anyways. I'm sure you'll be happy with them. I just like to see people get satisfaction and save money to put towards other mods now instead of having to wait.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
So, what kind of wheeling are you going to set up and valve the shocks for?
I want to be wheeling pretty hard, i live in Alabama right now so theres not much rock crawling but there is still some and a lot of bumping it down here to get over some of the wet mud and soft rocks.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Ok doing it right doesn't mean you have to spend $1500 or more on just shocks. Fox makes adjustable also I believe. Rancho makes adjustable that a lot of people love and use. Just because it's king doesn't mean your going to absolutely love them or you'll be set and never have to worry bout it again. Like I said I switched back to regular non resi fox because I actually liked them better and they fit my needs. Used the money from selling just 2 shocks and got a few more mods.

Now I'm not saying don't get king. It sounds as if you were already pretty much set on them anyways. I'm sure you'll be happy with them. I just like to see people get satisfaction and save money to put towards other mods now instead of having to wait.
I see what you are saying exactly, i feel that if I'm going to spend 1500 on shocks then i should be going all the way to coil overs in my opinion and i am by no means ready for that, but i think i may stick with the 2.0 internal res kings and continue to get some more mods
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Do you know what internal res even means? You keep throwing that term out there.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Do you know what internal res even means? You keep throwing that term out there.
Im throwing it out there so that y'all understand which shock I'm talking about...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

But yes i know what it means, just makes it easy to bolt on the shocks and it just slows or stops shock fade or something like that
Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Ok, so you understand what the big drawback to running an internal res shock is then. Good. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were talking about. So many people come on the forums and throw out marketing terms and really don't have a clue of what they are actually talking about.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, so you understand what the big drawback to running an internal res shock is then. Good. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were talking about. So many people come on the forums and throw out marketing terms and really don't have a clue of what they are actually talking about.
Yea i know I've done my research before coming to the forum and thats whats taking me so long, cause I'm the first to say i have a ton to learn about my jeep and all the upgrades but i love it. And just don't wanna take a step thats going to run me into a hole i have to crawl out of. So if you were in my position and wanted to get a shock because mine are gone and want something that will be smooth and still do well on the trails and will last long enough for me to make my next big shock jump later down the road, what would you do?

Quick Reply: King vs Fox