Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

King vs Fox

Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Why would you choose the king over the fox?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Why would you choose the king over the fox?
Wait you were referring to king right. Lol you got me confused.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

ORI struts start at about $565 each and go up from there depending on options and length.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 PM
JK Junkie

ORI struts start at about $565 each and go up from there depending on options and length.
Oh so it's not too bad to do a setup. Actually could come out bout the same as coilovers or cheaper maybe?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

The op said he was leaning towards king over fox, I was asking him why?
No wrong answer, just trying to understand why.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

When you consider ORI struts replace the shocks, coils, bump stop, limit straps, and sway bars they typically come out to be cheaper, weight less, and are easier to fab up. You do however want to have a nitrogen fill kit for adjustment and maintence which can run around $300. It is somthing you should also have if running coil overs and air bumps.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 PM
JK Junkie

When you consider ORI struts replace the shocks, coils, bump stop, limit straps, and sway bars they typically come out to be cheaper, weight less, and are easier to fab up. You do however want to have a nitrogen fill kit for adjustment and maintence which can run around $300. It is somthing you should also have if running coil overs and air bumps.
That's awesome. Will be looking into this as a possible very future build. Lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The op said he was leaning towards king over fox, I was asking him why?
No wrong answer, just trying to understand why.
Oh just have seen both and to me the king felt more sound and i have a friend that didn't like his fox and said they were really stiff. Doing a ton of reading too and seeing that king just seems to be the least complained about.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AtayJK
Oh just have seen both and to me the king felt more sound and i have a friend that didn't like his fox and said they were really stiff. Doing a ton of reading too and seeing that king just seems to be the least complained about.
Spring pairing plays a big role in it also and shock valving or tuning from what I have researched. Dirtman can maybe elaborate on that or someone else. But I get a different feel from my teraflex springs and fox shocks than my RK springs and fox shocks.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

So in the end you are basing your decision to spend $1000 on shocks based on some peoples opinions on the internet in which most of them don't have a clue about what they are talking about instead of actually comparing the construction, build, and serviceability of the two products?

I am not trying to be mean to you but reading peoples opinoins is not research. Learning how things work and making educated decisions based on fact will go a long way to properly building your jeep. These forums are great for getting 5 different answers when you ask between two different things. Most only know one product they have used and will typically reccommend it to justify their purchase of said product. Many just regurgitate comments others have posted with no actual knowledge of said products.

I try very hard not to reccommend products and encourage people to learn, in the end you will be better off with an education then a bunch of opinions.

Quick Reply: King vs Fox