Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift advice: are all 8 control arms needed or are 4 fine for a 3.5" lift?

Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I dont know how you could go wrong with either system. They are both high quality and are going to work well.

But, from a cost standpoint, I dont know how you could buy all the extra's you are going to need/want (keeping the Teraflex arms) and still come out cheaper than just buying a complete Rock Krawler kit (and selling the Teraflex arms). When you look at comparable kits between the two company's, RK is usually a little cheaper. And, since you will be piecing stuff together instead of buying a complete kit, you will most likely be paying even more.

Heres a bare bones TF 4" lift that you could add to your current control arms Tera Flex JK 4-door 4 inch Lift Kit w/o Shocks (1151400) , but then you will be up into $2200 of total cost (adding in the cost of your arms) and you still dont have front/rear track bars or shocks yet.

I dont know. Like I say, both are great companys with great feedback and customer service. But, if you are leaning toward a RK I say sell your current arms, buy a RK 3.5" X factor kit, add shocks and bumpstops of your liking and save money in the long run. Hell, you could bump it up to the 3.5" Max Travel (which adds high steer and drag link) and most likely still end up being cheaper from piecing a kit together with Tera's arms.

Last edited by olyelr; 02-04-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Former Member

I have TF all 8 arms and 4"+ lift love the handling but there's nothing really stock there anymore. I wanted rock crawler as well but ended up terra flex and no complaints.

Tried and true, either way you will have a good setup I think part of the draw for rock crawler is the hype and looks, performance isn't any difference. Buddy has the RK setup and we both hammer nasty stuff..

Last edited by BRUT4CE; 02-04-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the RK X Factor with all 8 control arms through Northridge4x4 and got a way better deal than I could find anywhere else. They didn't show the kit on their website so I sent them a PM and ended up ordering it. I have seen a lot of photos of Jeeps with the back wheel close to the front of the wheel well and RK makes a longer control arm for the rear to center the axle.

Quick Reply: Lift advice: are all 8 control arms needed or are 4 fine for a 3.5" lift?