Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Caster Question

Old 04-24-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if I do not fix this right away am I only risking abnormal tire wear, or am I even risking that?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't cause any damage if you don't fix it immediately
Old 05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
I unhooked everything on the driver side, made sure the coil was seated ok, and still have the same issue.

Does someone that has the Teraflex 2.5" budget boost and the Teraflex sway bar connects check theirs to see how it looks to compare against mine?

Thanks
Have you found a solution to your problem yet? I installed a 2.5 skyjacker with the taraflex quick disco this weekend and i have the same problem so i was woundering how to fix this?? The only differences is i do have a trackbar relation bracket and i still have this problem
Old 05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed a 5fr/4rr inch long arm system on mine this weekend. I have the same problem but more severe. I was not able to use the longer links on the front sway bar. I had to use the OME links due to the links actually hitting the spring on the passenger side.

I would bet bottom dollar that it has to do with the caster. I believe one of my right front links is not adjusted properly in comparison to the left front side. If the axle is rotated too far forward by a upper link that is too long or a lower link that is too short, it would make the coil bow toward the front of the Jeep. I believe that this is what is happening to you guys as well.

My track bar is completely centering the axle under the chassis.
If the track bar was not centering the axle, both springs would be affected by this, not just one side.

I am taking it to an alignment shop tomorrow where they will adjust the links and align the front end to factory specs. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DirkDigler
I installed a 5fr/4rr inch long arm system on mine this weekend. I have the same problem but more severe. I was not able to use the longer links on the front sway bar. I had to use the OME links due to the links actually hitting the spring on the passenger side.

I would bet bottom dollar that it has to do with the caster. I believe one of my right front links is not adjusted properly in comparison to the left front side. If the axle is rotated too far forward by a upper link that is too long or a lower link that is too short, it would make the coil bow toward the front of the Jeep. I believe that this is what is happening to you guys as well.

My track bar is completely centering the axle under the chassis.
If the track bar was not centering the axle, both springs would be affected by this, not just one side.

I am taking it to an alignment shop tomorrow where they will adjust the links and align the front end to factory specs. I'll keep you all posted.
Please do i am really wanting to make sure things are ok before i screw somthing up real bad!!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Txhrns08
Please do i am really wanting to make sure things are ok before i screw somthing up real bad!!!!
I see that you are in Golden. I am down in the Black Forest, near Monument, CO. I will let you know if the shop I go to gets everything worked out and get you that information.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

did you ever get an alignment?? did this help?? have you found a solution yet??
Old 05-23-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK.....got a really good alignment done and this solved the problems that we are discussing here. My uppers were adjusted too long, causing a caster problem. It was causing the r/f spring to bow toward the front of the Jeep, hitting the sway bar link. The alignment, along with the proper link settings, cured all the problems, except for some bump steer.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

OK.....got a really good alignment done and this solved the problems that we are discussing here. My uppers were adjusted too long, causing a caster problem. It was causing the r/f spring to bow toward the front of the Jeep, hitting the sway bar link. The alignment, along with the proper link settings, cured all the problems, except for some bump steer.

That is good news. I remember saying this problem was caused by the arms. Some said the track bar.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKJoe
That is good news. I remember saying this problem was caused by the arms. Some said the track bar.
The person who posted the original thread had stock arms. The person who posted about having an upper out of adjustment had a long arm kit. Big difference since there is no adjustment for stock arms.

Quick Reply: Lift Caster Question