Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift decisions/questions --- 1.75 tf leveling kit or re 2 inch w shock.ext

Old 04-19-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift decisions/questions --- 1.75 tf leveling kit or re 2 inch w shock.ext

I have a 2010 JK Unlimited Sport that I just put 33x12.5x15 inch wheels under. I have Rubicon shocks and springs that I am getting ready to put on 19/58 and I wonder what is the best option for a little more height under $200?

The Teraflex comes with longer front sway bar links yet the Rubicon Express kit comes with shock extensions and bumpstop spacers.... Wouldnt the higher RE kit also need sway bar links?

Any input on these kits is appreciated... I have read alot of the past posts and need to pull the trigger.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If you are getting extra height from the new coils, and more extra height from spacers, you will want all of the components. Longer links both front and rear, longer bumpstops, shock brackets or longer shocks, brakeline brackets or longer lines, plus axle centering and probably caster correction.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The extra height is from going up to Rubicon springs, I expect a slight gain there but not much as my JK came with the tow package and 3.73's originally. I am sure at some point I will upgrade but right now I want a little extra height as I am getting a little rub from the 33's on the fenders.

Which kit would you recommend ... the TF with Links or the Rubicon Express with shock ext. and bumpstop spacers....

Last edited by SmacJK; 04-20-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Lift decisions/questions --- 1.75 tf leveling kit or re 2 inch w shock.ext