Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift kit

Old 05-30-2016, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit

What is everybody's thought on the TeraFlex 2.5" lift kit w/ shocks? It goes for around $750.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Im not the official voice of the forum, nor am I an expert, however it seems to be a popular option for guys not wanting to go any bigger. Generally, people like to run 35's with this setup, so you have that option with that suspension setup. What are your future plans for your jeep? What do you use it for? How much do you offroad?
Old 05-31-2016, 05:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

There are lots of american made 2.5" kits out there. I would do one of them over the teraflex. RK, Metal Cloak, Synergy, Clayton, Currie, JKS.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
There are lots of american made 2.5" kits out there. I would do one of them over the teraflex. RK, Metal Cloak, Synergy, Clayton, Currie, JKS.
Isn't Teraflex a made in the USA company? I always perceived them as a top tier suspension company with parts made by American workers?

I know that there are many lifts by companies tied to TransAmerican that are subbed out to cheaper manufacturing facilities over seas, but I am sort of surprised to see you say that Teraflex may be one of them :-(
Old 05-31-2016, 05:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

About 90% of their stuff is made in china. Coils are outsourced to a different company in Cali.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 90% of their stuff is made in china. Coils are outsourced to a different company in Cali.
You named pretty much all the companies I can think of who have reputable lifts. Which ones are American made then?
Old 05-31-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by larry0071
Isn't Teraflex a made in the USA company? I always perceived them as a top tier suspension company with parts made by American workers? I know that there are many lifts by companies tied to TransAmerican that are subbed out to cheaper manufacturing facilities over seas, but I am sort of surprised to see you say that Teraflex may be one of them :-(
They have a great marketing team that would make you think it is an amazing product, but from my experience TF is far from it. Check the others listed above, all great kits.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by agentjohnson
You named pretty much all the companies I can think of who have reputable lifts. Which ones are American made then?
The ones I listed are american companies.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Dirtman. We are proud to make our products here for sure...

RK
Old 05-31-2016, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by swampdog
They have a great marketing team that would make you think it is an amazing product, but from my experience TF is far from it. Check the others listed above, all great kits.
The ones I listed are american companies.
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Thanks Dirtman. We are proud to make our products here for sure...

RK
That hurts. I was totally under the impression that Teraflex was one of the tier one Jeep companies that manufactured in the USA. I'll cross them from my list of potential brands to give my American money to. While I can't always choose and American workers product, if there is a like/like product choice, I'll always go with something that my fellow American workers created and earned a living doing.

Quick Reply: Lift kit