Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LIft Kit: Coil springs or coil springs w/ short arms?

Old 10-02-2010, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIft Kit: Coil springs or coil springs w/ short arms?

HI All,

I'm looking at doing a 2.5" lift to my 2008 JK Rubicon. I am partial to Skyjacker but I can't decide if there is a tangible benefit to the more expensive kit containing replacement short arms. Here is the link to the two kits:

$500
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_1000.htm

$900
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_102X_A_PG.htm

Is it actually worth $400 more for the second it? What's the true benefit?

Thanks very much!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

with just 2.5" of lift, no there is no tangible benefit to installing fixed length short arms especially being that they come with polyurethane bushings that will squeak like crazy. save your money and just get the coils and DO NOT install that rear track bar relocation bracket. i know several people with skyjacker 2.5" coils and they'll barely give you 2.5" of lift - more like 2" and that bracket will cause your factory mount to tear off the axle.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not trying to call skyjacker skycrapper... but I have owned their stuff in the past, and every above word is true. Those poly bushings are squeaky. I was under my jeep all the time greasing those things to try to fight off the old trailer sound coming from my jeep.

I have had a number of different lifts and I have been very happy with teraflex stuff. They make a 2.5" lift that takes out the rake in the JK and it will hold up to heavy steel bumpers without riding bad.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. So it sounds like, from experience, Tereflex kits such as this are better?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_2501_07.htm
Old 10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya that is a great kit.

Quick Reply: LIft Kit: Coil springs or coil springs w/ short arms?