Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit installed...accident waiting to happen

Old 05-02-2016, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So both the correction brackets and front track bar have been installed. First, I'll start off by saying, what a huge difference! It is much more manageable to drive than it was. I still need to get it aligned but I can already feel a difference. It isn't perfect by any means, but better. While driving around my ESP BAS light came on but I'm hoping that an alignment may correct that because I doubt it's a bad sensor or anything since the Jeep has just been sitting for the last week.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zander10893
So both the correction brackets and front track bar have been installed. First, I'll start off by saying, what a huge difference! It is much more manageable to drive than it was. I still need to get it aligned but I can already feel a difference. It isn't perfect by any means, but better. While driving around my ESP BAS light came on but I'm hoping that an alignment may correct that because I doubt it's a bad sensor or anything since the Jeep has just been sitting for the last week.
Is your steering wheel straight while you are driving straight?
Old 05-02-2016, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Is your steering wheel straight while you are driving straight?
I used my Procal to straighten it. The Procal says it's straight but when driving straight it favors the left so I'll have to tweak that some more
Old 05-02-2016, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zander10893
I used my Procal to straighten it. The Procal says it's straight but when driving straight it favors the left so I'll have to tweak that some more
Find a nice flat as possible parking lot to do it in if you are trying to do it on the road.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess no one bothers to read the board and the stickies still. Just whatever the guy behind the parts counter at 4wd suggests. No offense but 4" is a little too much and Rough Country is junk. Your wallet is going to bleed uncontrollably and sorry I only skimmed the last few pages but it sounds like it's already started.

Also if you know things aren't tightened, torqued and set up correctly to begin with why even bother driving it around??

Anyways sorry to be that guy but your going to be busy. Good thing is there are hundreds of others who did the same thing so you should be able to read throw a few threads and see how they fixed their mistakes.

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Alright so sorry to keep everyone waiting...I've been in the process of moving so I've been kept pretty busy. Anyways, after taking the rig back to the alignment shop earlier this week, the steering specs were corrected and I centered the steering wheel while it was on the alignment rack. Let's just cut to the chase and say that the Jeep is fun to drive again! Everything came together very nicely and overall I'm satisfied with the results. Now here's a little teaser picture to share for now...

Thanks again for the suggestions and everything you guys did to help!
Old 05-26-2016, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

these jeeps kinda drive like crap period. i just put some 33's on took a 250 mile trip. on the freeway there were bumps in the road so big they looked like skiing moguls! i cant believe the arizona dot hasnt filed them down. looks like a huge liability. thats all i got
Old 05-26-2016, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pitbull62
these jeeps kinda drive like crap period. i just put some 33's on took a 250 mile trip. on the freeway there were bumps in the road so big they looked like skiing moguls! i cant believe the arizona dot hasnt filed them down. looks like a huge liability. thats all i got
Lmfao. Come to wv/pa.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Lmfao. Come to wv/pa.
Or CT LOL

Quick Reply: Lift kit installed...accident waiting to happen