Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift kit for my rubi...

Old 12-02-2006, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit for my rubi...

hey guys i have been doing alot of shopping online since i have been waiting 4 weeks now and still have 4-6 more weeks more to wait. i was wondering about the sky jacker 2.5" kit with the nitro shocks its appow $475 or some thing, is this a good pakage or is the teraflex 3" lift for apprx. $700 that much better. also was told to look into Rusty Off road for a lift, would like to know more about them first.

will the sky jacker get me by for a year or two until im ready to get real dirty...

i would only like to run 35" on the stock rim, and with that i was wondering how wide of a tire i have seen a set of tires that were 35x11x17 which i think will be the best bet with the stock rim.

oh and i should tell you i ordered the 07 4dr rescue green rubi with every thing but the navigation/dvd. cannot wait for it to come in... trying to get the dealer to put a big red bow on it for me....
Old 12-02-2006, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

35x11R17 is an odd size. What tire did you find in that size?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am more concerned about you thinking you only have 4-6 more weeks to shop until your 4 dr rubi is in. I think that maybe you should get the dealer to put a nice big easter basket in it, instead of the big red bow.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I am more concerned about you thinking you only have 4-6 more weeks to shop until your 4 dr rubi is in. I think that maybe you should get the dealer to put a nice big easter basket in it, instead of the big red bow.
Dito. I ordered mine Oct 10th. talked to my dealer on Nov 28th and he said at least the end of January if not February. Same order 4dr Rubi with Hard top and 6sp
Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

well i guess i should check in with my dealer cause it does not sound like i will be getting it soon ...just means more time to buy toys before i need to make a car payment....

with that being said i went with the tera flex 3" kit with shocks its like $700 and i belive it will be enough for my needs being m-f driver and a weekend warrior in the woods of new england.

now with the 3" lift what else should i be concidering, .......do i need back spacers for the wider 35"x12.5" tires? stearing stabilizer?...not sure what the next step would be ?

i shall be looking for tires now and like i said before i shall be using the stock rims for now like the look just wish they were wider but thats ok for now...

thanks you , i will be checking back soon for some much appreciated advice
Old 12-04-2006, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

called the dealer and my order has been in D since 11-27-06 so i guess i still have some time on my hands. but i am hoping not around Easter like some have said.

does not really matter just will have more parts avalible for aplication... i guess thats one way to look at it....
Old 12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was exagerating when I said Easter. If you are in D status that is a good thing. You are probably slated for a January build???? The deliveries seem to really depend on how many your dealer is allowed to get each month. Your dealer may be able to get yours quicker. It is strictly a guessing game until you change to D1. Good Luck!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by American_Dream
ive always known skyjacker to put out a quality product, my buddy has 4"ers on his cj and loves them. is the full traction economy lift that much better?
Nope, I never said that. What I was saying is that if you're going to upgrade in the future anyway, you might as well get a kit that is very affordable to begin with and one that is designed to be upgraded with better components (i.e. Full Tractoin Ultimate control arms and track bars).

Now, if you're asking me my opinion, yes, I do think Full Traction products are significantly better than Skyjacker. Just compare the materials, suspension component designs, quality of their welds and overall construction.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

i probably will end up going with the full traction economy lift, for the reasons you stated... if i want to upgrade i have that option. sounds like they make a quality product.

forgive my ignorance, i really only know what people tell me. this is going to be my first jeep and i really want to get it done right! thanks for the help.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:51 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by American_Dream
i probably will end up going with the full traction economy lift, for the reasons you stated... if i want to upgrade i have that option. sounds like they make a quality product.

forgive my ignorance, i really only know what people tell me. this is going to be my first jeep and i really want to get it done right! thanks for the help.
Aah, there's nothing to forgive. I'm just giving you my 2¢ on things and nothing more. Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to scrutinize a lot of aftermarket Jeep products over the years and what can I say, it's hard not to have an opinion on things.

Quick Reply: lift kit for my rubi...