Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift Kit Swap?

Old 02-20-2017, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Kit Swap?

Hey guys! Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I have a 2008 JKU Sahara with a 3" lift & 33s. My fiance has a 2012 JKU Altitude bone stock. We have decided that for right now, we do not need two jeeps in the family and plan on selling mine since hers is newer and has fewer miles. Mainly because I am a real estate agent and am constantly driving all over the place and a tank on wheels isn't great for that!

My thought is to swap my lift over to hers because she has been begging me for a while about one. I've watched a few videos and it seems like a bit of work but nothing that me and a buddy can't handle (I think). I'm planning on swapping my springs and shocks, upgraded steering stabilizer, and brackets that drop the angle of the control arm down to help with death wobble over to hers. Is there anything else that needs to be swapped over? And how big of a project am I looking at? I went to a shop that does a lot of work on our jeeps and he gave me a rough quote of about $1,000 for them to swap everything over.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 02-20-2017, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Because she has the pentastar engine in her jeep. You will need to buy some exhaust spacers since your original kit would not have come with any.

If her jeep never leaves the pavement, you might be able to get away with not having the spacers installed.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by --'(OlllllllO)'--
Because she has the pentastar engine in her jeep. You will need to buy some exhaust spacers since your original kit would not have come with any.

If her jeep never leaves the pavement, you might be able to get away with not having the spacers installed.

Hers doesn't leave the pavement yet. Mainly because it has been stock since she bought it. If I can get away with not having the spacers installed right away I'll try that and then install the spacers before summer hits.

Quick Reply: Lift Kit Swap?