Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift - Leveling options for STOCK TIRES

Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift - Leveling options for STOCK TIRES

I have a stock 2011 2 door JK Sport with 255 tires. I would like to add a inch or two of lift, and would like better articulation from it. I will be keeping stock tires due to my tire warranty that is 5 years free replacement.

I have seen the currie Long Travel kit, the TF Leveling kit, and the Old Man EMU kit.

Basically, I want to keep the same look (Maybe a inch of height addition) With the stock tires and added weight of front bumper, winch, and rock rails. I will be adding sway bar disconnects as well for better articulation.

This gets complicated as I would like to use OE Tires and keep the good road manners, safety, fuel mileage, and reliability. Thoughts and suggestions?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMahaffey
I have a stock 2011 2 door JK Sport with 255 tires. I would like to add a inch or two of lift, and would like better articulation from it. I will be keeping stock tires due to my tire warranty that is 5 years free replacement.

I have seen the currie Long Travel kit, the TF Leveling kit, and the Old Man EMU kit.

Basically, I want to keep the same look (Maybe a inch of height addition) With the stock tires and added weight of front bumper, winch, and rock rails. I will be adding sway bar disconnects as well for better articulation.

This gets complicated as I would like to use OE Tires and keep the good road manners, safety, fuel mileage, and reliability. Thoughts and suggestions?
The simple way is to just add some "Pucks" under the front springs...this will take the "Rake" from the factory.

I have a 2 door Rubi that I put a front bumper and winch...with the 2" pucks it was level..
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you're just looking for an inch or two, X2 on the pucks or look at the Teraflex Leveling kit, or whatever it's called.

OME will add 3-4", but from what i've heard around here, it's a really nice product. I have the Teraflex 2.5" coil kit, and i got about 3" in the rear and 3.5" in the front.

EDIT: be sure to read the sticky about lifts. The 2-door has other considerations beyond the lift once you go over about 3" (like driveshaft). Other 2-door owners can speak from experience.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

If your looking to keep stock tires...I would suggest the TF Level Kit

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...155200&cat=272

Anything bigger than that, you will have some serious fender gap.

Quick Reply: Lift - Leveling options for STOCK TIRES