Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift problems…again

Old 03-13-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freeman
I am in the process of buying a 2009 4 door Rubicon and having a lift installed to clear 37 inch tires. Originally I had decided to go with the 4” Tera Flex suspension with flex arms but the mechanic is telling me that for the DD with occasional off-road use it would be too soft and not handle very well on the street. He is recommending (top of the list) Rough Country or Pro Comp, Skyjacker, Superlift, or Rancho and not replacing the drive shafts front and rear because they are long enough. I am pretty new to all of this and after countless hours of research I feel like I’m back to square one. Can any one weigh in on this? I just don’t want to put a cheap lift kit on a Rubicon and be unhappy, I would like to do it right the first time.
It sounds like you need a new mechanic
Old 03-13-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robar
You should find a new installer.
X2..........
Old 03-13-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Save an a$$load of money and do it yourself.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while I agree with everyone here saying your installer sucks, everyones commenting telling him to get a different installer, but if you read he said he's doing the lift thru the dealer and has to use the dealers shop so he can finance(ouch) the lift and tires into the price of the jeep.....thats gonna be one expensive lift

cant you just wait a while to lift it? maybe even hook up with some fellow jeepers from the forum and get some help installing the lift as many of our members here have done
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tkob1060
while I agree with everyone here saying your installer sucks, everyones commenting telling him to get a different installer, but if you read he said he's doing the lift thru the dealer and has to use the dealers shop so he can finance(ouch) the lift and tires into the price of the jeep.....thats gonna be one expensive lift

cant you just wait a while to lift it? maybe even hook up with some fellow jeepers from the forum and get some help installing the lift as many of our members here have done
X2, theres alot of people out there that will help you for beer and pizza. Do you know how many tools you could buy for the labor on the install?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Find a new installer. The dooche is trying to sell you names that are on everyone's magazine cover and are under everyone truck's that are only meant to lift and not to be used off-road.

Get the TeraFlex kit and be happy. Trust me.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

The solution for the drive shaft hitting the trans skid plate is to modify the skid plate. Cut out a notch where the drive shaft will hit, and then weld on a gusset or a plate to strenghten it. That way you do not have to spend the money on a drive shaft.

Quick Reply: Lift problems…again