Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift question?

Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift question?

I recently had a 2.5" rough country suspension lift done and thought it would make my JK sit level. Even the rough country website states it will level the jeep, but alas it still has a slight forward rake.
Anyone have any thoughts or the same thing happen?

I do know the kit was installed correctly by a well used 4x4 shop so thats not the problem.......
Old 09-23-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default search

Well after spending a good while searching it seems the RC 2.5 lift still keeps a little rake in it.
So what can I do to get it out? Any spacer kits or similar?
Also looking at adding a small body lift, any thoughts?
Thanks, just a newbie
Old 09-23-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little more searching will reveal threads like:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ight=body+lift

In general I think you will find using a 0.75-1.25" spacer to eliminate rake is a common choice and using a body lift to complement a 2.5 BB or spring lift is also somewhat common but not "best practice".

It all depends on your reason for the lift, other factors like tire size, and of course $$$.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thread

Yes I did read that thread (a couple of times) and I guess a spacer is what I need to go with, with adding a spacer do I need to do anything else(in terms of springs-brake lines-stuff like that)

I plan on no real off road adventures, just a good square look. I did put 35's on it with black rock viper wheels(4.5" backspacing)
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

What you can do is take the rubber spacer out of the back (top of the rear springs), this will take 3/4 of an inch out of the back and make it level. If you have already installed spacers or pucks as they are commonly called you never want to stack them (so dont put more in to make it up).
As for the body lift, I would never install one (my personal opinion, but several other will agree with me). This only lifts the body of the Jeep and give you absolutely no advantage (maybe bigger tires). If you want to do more lift install a good spring kit, if this is not enough you can use your puck kit with the springs to gain more lift. But never, never stack pucks (spring spacers).
I guess iit all depends on what you are looking for and what your personal preference is, but if you will take the rubber spacers out of the rear springs it wll level your Jeep.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default spacer

So will removing the rubber spacer from the rear cause any harshness to the ride?
This sounds like the best fix, and after hearing enough I am not going with a body lift then
Forgive my newness, but you mentioned a good spring kit-can you explain?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

is the RC lift you speak of the budget boost or is it the coil kit?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default Kit

It is the kit with 4 pucks to go on top of the springs, and shock extensions.
I am assuming this is called a BB
Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

gotcha, yea thats the bb. I got the RC coils and mine sits nice.

Quick Reply: Lift question?