Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift question??

Old 05-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Cool deal, well hopefully we'll see you in the area. Starr Motors out in Suffolk is the jeep dealer I the area if you experience technical issues with the jeep.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohh yeah ill be around.
Originally Posted by karls10jk
Cool deal, well hopefully we'll see you in the area. Starr Motors out in Suffolk is the jeep dealer I the area if you experience technical issues with the jeep.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

You can also reference this picture and measure from upper to lower spring perch up front to calculate the actual lift height you're seeing is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock JK Height.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	671436

Identifying specific lifts is a bit harder. If it's the same jeep that Karl thinks it is, and it has a RE lift on it, your coils are probably silver (unless someone painted em). If you take some pictures of specific components like springs, control arms, track bar, axle, etc, might have a little luck with people being able to identify them or highlight things that have been upgraded. I think that's the hardest thing when buying a lifted jeep.....trying to figure out what the heck someone previously did to it.

Congrats on the purchase.

Quick Reply: Lift question??