Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift for wife's jeep

Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift for wife's jeep

I have done a lot of reading today and am ready to purchase a lift for my wife's unlimited. 90% of her driving is on road ... the other 10% is due to our country living ... gravel roads.

So, I am thinking either FT 3" or Rancho 4". I know a lot of the hard drivers go FT, but I don't think I need all of that. Are there problms with either ?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

I am running the Superlift and it handles better than stock.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14
I am running the Superlift and it handles better than stock.
ooh-rah killer ... semper fi ... SSgt. Mike (I was stationed and seperated from Quantico)

and thanks for the info ...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikegronholz
I have done a lot of reading today and am ready to purchase a lift for my wife's unlimited. 90% of her driving is on road ... the other 10% is due to our country living ... gravel roads.

So, I am thinking either FT 3" or Rancho 4". I know a lot of the hard drivers go FT, but I don't think I need all of that. Are there problms with either ?
Just installed 4" Superlift, and also used them on my 00'TJ I was happy over all and only had minor issue that the box was missing the cable ties, stickers. The packaging was horrible. The ride is more stiff that stock, but it functions perfectly. Just make sure to get extra sets of hands to help- not a easy install alone in my opinion.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AZJEEPFAN
. Just make sure to get extra sets of hands to help- not a easy install alone in my opinion.

huh?
I installed mine, by MYSELF, in the drive way with basic hand tools, 4 6ton jack stands and a floor jack in less than 5 hours (I did not keep exact time). This was while re-painting everything, welding on a rear trackbar truss, stopping for a smoke every so often, losing a shock bolt, driving to the store to get a new shock bolt, Throwing said shock bolt into the garage with some colorful words due to getting one .5" too short because I was too lazy to pull one for measurement, pulling a shock bolt, driving back to the store, getting a bacon cheeseburger toaster from Sonic (that I HIGHLY recomend while doing any Jeep modifications), centering the steering wheel and spending a good 20min walking around my now lifted jeep while drooling

anyway, the install is not that hard. You can do it with just 2 jack stands and you should own a pair anyway. (6 or 12 ton not the pussy little "car" ones)

The "hard" part is installing the bumpstops Just jack up that side of the axle with no springs in to pop them in using the actual bump stop.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14
huh?
getting a bacon cheeseburger toaster from Sonic (that I HIGHLY recomend while doing any Jeep modifications),

The "hard" part is installing the bumpstops Just jack up that side of the axle with no springs in to pop them in using the actual bump stop.

HAHAHAHHA

AND YEA THE BUMP STOPS WERE A PAIN I DID THE SAME THING ONLY TOOK ME ABOUT 15 MINS FROM GETTING PISSED TILL I DID THAT

Quick Reply: Lift for wife's jeep