Lifted without SS?

Lifted without SS?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lifted without SS?

I’m looking at the Yeti HD tie rod and I emailed Yeti and they said I don’t need a SS with their TR. Anyone lifted and running without a SS?
    2015 JK two door, 3" Teraflex lift, BFG 33 X 12.5 Mud Terrain, Teraflex Alpine LCAís, Teraflex HD TR, ARB Twin OBA, Cobra 75WXST with ultramount and 3' firestik, Adams CV 1310 front DS. Previous rig 2002 TJ, long may she rest.

Various times I've run without a SS. If jeep is lifted correctly, caster is correct, you don't even notice it's missing. Really don't need anything more than the cheapest thing out there.....even the factory is fine. I think several run without one, but as a daily driver, I'd keep one if possible. I'd be curious why they're saying you don't need one just cuz it's their TR. Nothing special about their TR outside of being big and beefy. It doesn't really replace the function of the SS though.

Edit -
    Heck, even their TR on Amazon shows clamp/bracket for the SS -

https://www.amazon.com/Steer-Smarts-.../dp/B06Y66QP6T
    Last edited by resharp001; 10-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Iím looking at that one and the Teraflex. Iím pretty sure my stock one is a little bent up in the middle. And northridge4x4 has them both, with the forum discount theyíre a pretty good deal. As many times as Iíve been stopped cold in my tracks on a big rock the stock should be bent. If these 33ís didnít just have 10k miles on them I would already have 35ís.
    2015 JK two door, 3" Teraflex lift, BFG 33 X 12.5 Mud Terrain, Teraflex Alpine LCAís, Teraflex HD TR, ARB Twin OBA, Cobra 75WXST with ultramount and 3' firestik, Adams CV 1310 front DS. Previous rig 2002 TJ, long may she rest.

I'd pick either of those two over the Synergy I have.

I have run for about 6 years without a steering stabilizer on my Jeep. A rock took out the stock one and the tie rod in 2011, I replaced the bent stock tie rod with a Spohn, I added a Rock Krawler Track bar and still have the stock drag link and stock control arms. I upgraded to Alloy USA Ball joints.
    2010 Surf Blue Sport
    3" Lift of some sort (was on there when I bought it.)
    35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR Kevlars
    15" Matte Black MB72s
    Body Armor Tube Doors
    Bushwacker FFF's
    OR-Fab Tire Carrier
    Rough Country Hybrid Stubby Bumper
    Engo 9000# Winch

www.northridge4x4.com

Both the brands Iím looking at come with one ss bracket, and they want $70 for a second one. I wonder if I could run with one of my two?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37345873860_be8dae7033_z_d.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	675417

You 5000% don't need two. One is plenty.

People including myself noticed little difference with or without the SS. But thats with the Griffin Attenuator. Thats not to say replacing a worn tie rod with new will improve the way things feel. Try it without, if you feel you want it you will need a larger TR bracket.
    37" Nitto RG's, RK 3.5 x-factor arms, PSC big bore, Steer Smarts HD YETI track bar, tie rod, drag link and Griffin, Artec TB bracket/truss, fox IPF 2.0 shocks, EVO Rock stars, Dana front DS, Savvy half doors

And don't forget the best brands like Bilstein or Fox SS turn left the wheel...
    35'' wheels/4'' suspension/Rigid lights/Superchips

Quote Originally Posted by casual_style View Post
    And don't forget the best brands like Bilstein or Fox SS turn left the wheel...
    Iím not sure what you mean casual, could you elaborate?

I took one of my SSís off and drove around without it and could tell no difference. Teraflex told me my lift didnít include dual SSís, I wonder why they added this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast