Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lil help here…

Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lil help here…

I am ordering a lot of aftermarket gear to stick on My 07 Rubicon. I am going to be putting a Rugged ridge modular winch bumper with the side pieces and the Pre runner bar, 9.5ti warn winch, the rugged ridge XHD rear bumper with tire carrier, and rugged ridge RRC side armor guards. I have the stock 32s on it right now. I was wondering if anybody knew how much height I will lose with these add ons. I know the RRC side armors hang lower than the stock, and it seems like this will be a lot of weight. I had planned to lift the jeep and move up to 35s but would like to wear out my 32s first. Ok after all that my question is am I still good to go on the stock 32s or am I losing too much height? If I am losing to much height what size lift with that much weight to clear 35s?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

i have the warn bumpers front and rear and the powerplant and i lost nearly an inch and a half with the stock suspension. It still works just fine, but you drag over more rocks as you are lower. Lifts are designed for vehicles with that extra weight, so you need 3-4 inches for 35s.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RRC side armour will be about 1 1/2 lower than the frame, but the gas tank skid is lower than the rails. I did not lose anything with the stubby, but I do not have my pre-runner or winch yet
Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks I was worried that my 32s would scrub. When I wear em out, or just cant wait any longer I will get a 3 inch lift with the 35s. I want to lift as small as possible and not put to much strain on my driveshafts and such.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paranoid
I am ordering a lot of aftermarket gear to stick on My 07 Rubicon. I am going to be putting a Rugged ridge modular winch bumper with the side pieces and the Pre runner bar, 9.5ti warn winch, the rugged ridge XHD rear bumper with tire carrier, and rugged ridge RRC side armor guards. I have the stock 32s on it right now. I was wondering if anybody knew how much height I will lose with these add ons. I know the RRC side armors hang lower than the stock, and it seems like this will be a lot of weight. I had planned to lift the jeep and move up to 35s but would like to wear out my 32s first. Ok after all that my question is am I still good to go on the stock 32s or am I losing too much height? If I am losing to much height what size lift with that much weight to clear 35s?
other than the front bumper and winch you won't lose any height right now. you are looking at several month wait on the rest of the R gear. I put my RRC tube on order in Jan and hear it will be May or June, no date on the rear bumber.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gajeep
other than the front bumper and winch you won't lose any height right now. you are looking at several month wait on the rest of the R gear. I put my RRC tube on order in Jan and hear it will be May or June, no date on the rear bumber.
That works for me. I will be stuck in Iraq untill at least Sept. As long as its at the house in the box along with everything else I have ordered by then I will be happy
Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey gajeep when you say no date on the rear bumper do you mean you dont know or they dont know

Quick Reply: Lil help here…