Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Limiting Strap Setups. Requesting Pics/Advice Please

Old 09-24-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Limiting Strap Setups. Requesting Pics/Advice Please

Pretty much what the title says guys. Looking to add some limiting straps to help prevent over extending my shocks and having to pay more in the long run. When i get out i try to flex the Jeep as much as i can. I have been doing some research already and have seem some of the clevis type mounts and i like the idea but an extra $20 per kit i'm looking at $80 just for that not including the straps nor the clevis mounts. So thats why i'm asking for your setups and opinions. Thanks guys.

Clevis mounting sleeve also shown with kit ( kit not included in the $10 price )

POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS*::*Synergy Clevis Mounting Sleeve
Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I'm no expert,, it seems fairly simple. Measure your droop to shock bottom,, then bring it up an inch, then pick a spot on your axle and a spot on your frame,, measure that distance and go buy the corresponding limit strap, and install. I say bring it up an inch because limit straps will stretch over time about 1" every 12 inches of strap. Because I'm no expert,, I imagine others will have additional suggestions. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by big dr
Although I'm no expert,, it seems fairly simple. Measure your droop to shock bottom,, then bring it up an inch, then pick a spot on your axle and a spot on your frame,, measure that distance and go buy the corresponding limit strap, and install. I say bring it up an inch because limit straps will stretch over time about 1" every 12 inches of strap. Because I'm no expert,, I imagine others will have additional suggestions. Good luck!
Yes it is simple and figured the easy way to go about ( link below ) it if i don't get much feedback. Thats to buy a kit like such and place the tabs on the frame where needed according to shock length and boom done. But having additional experience with certain types of kits, placements of tabs, and brands are what im more concerned about.

This is a cheap kit that would work but as i said just looking for some feedback from the field on whats best.

TeraFlex JK Limiting Straps - Set of 4 (TF-4853100)

Last edited by mhockey9090; 09-24-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the teraflex straps, not sure of length, I would have to check. They came with my prerunner kit, shocks are 10" stroke and I lose about 1" of stroke which is perfect, also they save my stock drive shafts from over flexing and binding the joints.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Teraflex limiting straps on the front. Nice simple kit and works great.
Mounts simply to the spring perch at bottom and you do need to weld the top in for slick setup.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ultra4
I have the teraflex straps, not sure of length, I would have to check. They came with my prerunner kit, shocks are 10" stroke and I lose about 1" of stroke which is perfect, also they save my stock drive shafts from over flexing and binding the joints.
Originally Posted by scrogg
I have the Teraflex limiting straps on the front. Nice simple kit and works great.
Mounts simply to the spring perch at bottom and you do need to weld the top in for slick setup.

I think im gonna be going with that teraflex kit then. Looks easy as i only need to have it welded on at 4 different spots and throw a quick spray of paint over it. Thanks guys now i just need to figure out the shock measurements and go from there.

Quick Reply: Limiting Strap Setups. Requesting Pics/Advice Please