Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Limp mode

Old 01-18-2016, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Limp mode

I uninstalled the programmer and the Jeep immediately went into limp mode. I'm assuming it's because of the modifications and all that good stuff. I installed the programmer again after picking my Jeep up and now it drives fine. But I just want to make sure that this is not something I should bring in while I have it under warranty still?

I think I'll bring the programmer with me when dropping off and picking up for now on, so I don't have to experience this again.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you be a little more specific in regards to what program you're running?
Old 01-18-2016, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bully Dog programmer, nothing crazy. Im 90% sure its because I uninstalled it to take to the dealer and the Jeep doesn't like the gearing, which is why it went into limp mode. I had the programmer prior to the gear install and changed the settings before driving off with it. So this was the first time I experienced it, but just wanted to make sure its not something I should have to worry about.

Next time I'm going to uninstalled and install it there before leaving or dropping it off instead of at home.

Quick Reply: Limp mode