Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

locker options for wrangler x

Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locker options for wrangler x

what lockers are people running on dana 30 and dana 44 on wrangler x?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ARB's are the ones I want... I might consider a Detroit in the front if I never did much fast 4-hi driving... which I do, or it was just a trail rig. Selectable lockers are the way to go if it's your daily driver, and I've heard no complaints about the ARB's.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

are they the same for the 09? i heard somewhere that the 09 had metric threads?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a Detroit TrueTrac in Dana30 until such time that I simply replace the entire axle assembly with a 44. It's not a locker, just a helical geared limited slip.

In the rear 44 I put an Auburn ECTED, full time limited slip (clutch plate style) which electromagnetically locks with the flip of a switch.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BryGuy
How long have you been wheeling with a Dana 30 w an ARB locker? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to axles/lockers, but I've read that a locker puts more stress on the axle..... which sounds like a recipe for disaster for the 30.
Keep in mind that the D30 has been in production a LONG time and come with Detroit Lockers from the factory in some instances. They are a small axle, but if you're careful and use good parts and a little reinforcement, they can be pretty formidable.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Coy
JK Enthusiast

Default Ribbit

I have the same set up as Toad. Very solid and quiet operation. sSince they run on air you have on board air for tires or what not. David at northridge had the best price at the time I purchased.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

I have used Aubern in the past and loved it and now they have the ECTED selectable limited slip diff. definatly look into that
Old 08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by john smack
I have used Aubern in the past and loved it and now they have the ECTED selectable limited slip diff. definatly look into that
yup, I'm at about 6000 miles now on my rear Ected with a few offroad forays, it's worked great when needed and was very easy to install, great product from my point of view ...especially considering price!

edit: ...mind you, had I had the cash for an ARB I probably would have gone that way...but my auburn has treated me well and is something else out there to consider

Last edited by BlackNorthernJK; 08-14-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

I am running the Aussie Auto Locker in the front, and the Rubicon E-Locker in the rear. The front Dana 30 is a great axle to lock up. I have seenthe Dana 30 do some amazing things with out breaking while locked.

Some don't like the Auto lockers, but for me it works great. I have done high speed runs through the dessert with no problems, and it works great on the rocks.

I really like the selectability in the rear.

If you are concerned about axle strength, I have seen the Dana 30 with Chromoly axles get very radical with no issues at all.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by toad
I installed ARB lockers on the front and rear.
I have been thinking about getting these (once I have the money). What was the install like?

Quick Reply: locker options for wrangler x