Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Locker Switch Diagram...

Old 06-04-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

riviving thread anyways back on the subject about lockers since i am running an atlas and after reviewing this thread and service manual the stock t case uses a 4 positing switch which i no longer have so for now to fake out the intergrated control module i will stick an inline resisitor between the sensor ground and sensor signal wire at the t case plug this will allow me to run my lockers anytime dash lights will still work except it will say 4lo all the time this a temp fix till advance adapters finish there module for the atlas upgrade speedo is next to figure out hopefully my homework works will post under my atlas wright up if it does
Old 06-04-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Could you go into more detail on this could it possibly be done on a stock rubicon, i would rele like to do this mod, not the atlas lol (i wish) jus a way to fool the lockers.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

well slinky 07 im sure alot of others have done this already on there stock rubis my application is quite different but the factory t case has a 4 way switch installed on the top plunger style as noted on this thread it sends a signal back to the control module so if i were to this on a stock rubi you have several options ground the relays under the hood via swtches or just install a wire to a ground point to switch from switch to wire near t case plug the yellow one w/ grn tracer this will fake your jeep into thinking it in 4 lo so you can use your lockers in 4 hi, 2hi whatever factory switch will still operate the same i would suggest putting a resistor inline now your dash will say your in 4lo when you flip the switch on. so saying this much i have not done this mod on a stock jk so dont no if you will have any dtc showing up but you shouldnt in theory
Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

i wonder if the dealership would do this for you...providing you sign a statement saying you know exacly what they did....i am horrible with electronics and stuff....i could never figure it out on my own but would like this option very very much
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone done this to there Rubicons yet?? Im just curious if you fool the computer in to thinking its it 4lo which is what it is doin i assume, wouldnt that make the whole engine set up act diffrently, I know that when i put mine in 4lo it idles higher would this wiring mod make that happen also.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:25 PM
JK Freak

im guessing...it would prolly make the throtle less responsive, like it does in 4low
Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone done this yet or tried to, I would but bumpers and winch gettin built /installed right now
Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by remjeep
My company is currently developing a kit that allows the driver to activate either locker at any time. It will include a harness and two screen printed alluminated switches and the installtion kit. I feel that the stock locker switch is in an awkward place and it is hard to select the desired locker. Each locker will have its own push buttom switch with a built in red led to indicate the switch is on. I will be posting for info once we have become a sponsor.

RM.
Any update on this?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ruskin
I've got a question with a different twist, and since ya'll have been looking at the locker electronics, here goes.... I'm putting a Rubi D44 into the front of my X. My guess, is that I don't have the relays or any other wireing (doubtfull DC just gave it away). Any ideas on the simplest, easiest way to make the locker work?

Logically, I assume the locker needs power and a signal to turn on. How to do that, I'm asking you.

Thanks.
Only way is to hard wire and place a switch on your dash that operates the front locker only.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

I guess ill be the guinea pig on this, im goin to try and wire a switch to each locker relay, any reason yall see why this woulnd work?? and also what would i need i know two switches lol. but am i grounding out the relay or sending power to it, Electronics isnt rele my high point but a good explainin of it an i can figure it out from there any input is much appreciated

Quick Reply: Locker Switch Diagram...