Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD front bumper

Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD front bumper

How is the approach angle of the LOD front bumper for rock crawling. Can someone who really rock crawls give me some input?

I know a stubby would be the best but with this bumper the winch mounting sits low, it has a beefy front skid plate and you get to retain your factory lights. It seems to be just a tad wider than the Shrockworks mid-width and it is only 71 pounds compared to the 96 pounds of the Shrockworks and it is cheaper than the Shrockworks.

Lets hear all the opinions......
Old 10-26-2007, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have one yet, but I am planing on going with LoD because of the set in winch mount, factory fog light holes, and the price isn't bad for what you get compared to the rest.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone with this bumper?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Yes you get all the advantages of the LoD that you already pointed out especially the price, .....

and as far as approach angles it should be exactly the same as stock since the skid plate from the LoD fits like a glove around the bottom of the bar that your stock plastic air dam mounted to .....

if not better since it does not stick out away from the front of the vehicle as far as stock bumper...

Hope this helps............Have fun and remember boys and girls to" wheel it everyday"!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
Yes you get all the advantages of the LoD that you already pointed out especially the price, .....

and as far as approach angles it should be exactly the same as stock since the skid plate from the LoD fits like a glove around the bottom of the bar that your stock plastic air dam mounted to .....

if not better since it does not stick out away from the front of the vehicle as far as stock bumper...

Hope this helps............Have fun and remember boys and girls to" wheel it everyday"!!!!!!
How about some good pic.s from the front and side
Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN

x2 well build, cheap, and best of all, a really good customer service

Old 10-27-2007, 09:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I'm sure "real" rock-crawling is probably subjective.... but yeah, I find myself crawling rocks from time to time and the LoD front bumper has definitely allowed for a much better approach than the stock bumper did. It's not quite as good as a stubby, but I've never gotten hung up on it. Just turn your tires a bit towards the rock and you're pretty much in the clear until the fender.

You can check out this video (at timecode 2:50) for a good idea of the LoD approach angle. Also, here are a few pics (I tried to pick some where you can get an idea of the approach... hope that helps):

Old 10-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Zee
JK Freak

Pretty nice, a LOT less than a shrockworks, not quite as nice, but the price is right!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent responses. thanks for the great pics and the video....

Quick Reply: LOD front bumper