Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD Rear Bumper Compartment

Old 06-26-2007, 08:20 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD Rear Bumper Compartment

I have the LoD rear bumper with the "built in storage compartment ". That thing is driving me NUTS!!! Constantly banging, as the lid has a little play in it. Anybody else had this problem? Gonna stop by the hardware store on my way home and grab a length of that adhesive backed foam, see if that quiets it down.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I too have that bumper and no noise.

Have you tried adjusting the lock for a tighter fit?
Old 06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chances are it is the bumper and not the lid. Me and jeffmarion had issues of the bumper hitting the corner of the body on bumps in the road. It got so bad on mine that had to take the bumper and grind out the edges to fix the problem. I only say this becuase I though it was the lid when I first heard the noise as well. There have also been quite a few other people complain about it hitting the body. Look at the corner right above the bumper on the passenger side. The plate holder keeps it from happening on the driver side.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TEV
chances are it is the bumper and not the lid. Me and jeffmarion had issues of the bumper hitting the corner of the body on bumps in the road. It got so bad on mine that had to take the bumper and grind out the edges to fix the problem. I only say this becuase I though it was the lid when I first heard the noise as well. There have also been quite a few other people complain about it hitting the body. Look at the corner right above the bumper on the passenger side. The plate holder keeps it from happening on the driver side.
I'll check that out, thanks!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I also had to grind mine to clear the body, but my lid was noisy as well. I took an old bump stop and cut the end off. Open the lid, put the rubber end on top of the receiver box so that it is about a 1/2" higher then where the top off the lid would be if it were closed. It will make it a little tough to close and open but the noise will be gone. I would try this first, it's a lot easier then the grind and if you grind make sure you repaint the exposed steel.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:46 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down

WTF!

So, it looks like my bumper is indeed hitting the body. Gotta tell you, I am FAR from impressed with LoD in general, and will certainly not be buying anything from them in the future. Now I have to take the bumper off and MODIFY a BRAND NEW product! Not a happy camper.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SCF
WTF!

So, it looks like my bumper is indeed hitting the body. Gotta tell you, I am FAR from impressed with LoD in general, and will certainly not be buying anything from them in the future. Now I have to take the bumper off and MODIFY a BRAND NEW product! Not a happy camper.
Not sure when you got your bumper, I got mine a couple months ago and when I ran in to this problem I was told they would correct future bumpers. They also said they would take mine back and send me a corrected one. I decided to just handle it my self and grind away. I to wasn't very happy. I do love the bumper now, it was a rocky start though.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Only had this bumper a few weeks.

Just shipped an email of to WOL to see what LoD can do for me. Time to test their customer satisfaction/relations.

Last edited by SCF; 07-02-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SCF
Only had this bumper a few weeks.

Just shipped an email of to WOL to see what LoD can do for me. Time to test their customer satisfaction/relations.
Hey Fred, I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with LoD a few minutes ago and was told that they should be giving you a call shortly.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:43 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Got a call from Chris. Made a suggestion I thought about earlier this morning. I'm going to loosen all of the bolts and pull the bumper as far away from the body as possible. He's claiming about 1/4" movement. Not sure that much is gonna happen, but hell I'll try.

Quick Reply: LoD Rear Bumper Compartment