Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD Signature Series Shorty arrived and installed.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LOD Signature Series Shorty arrived and installed.

Let me start this by saying, dealing with LOD was a pleasure. Thoughout the entire experience their customer service was top noch. Any questions I had were immediately answered and when I asked for certain pictures, Chris went out and took more for me.

From the time I ordered it, to delivery was about a week and a half.
I was actually lucky to even recieve it because DHL delivered it to the wrong house, on the wrong block (Not LOD's fault).

Packaging was very sturdy. The bumper and skid plate were both secured firmly in a wooden crate, covered in cardboard.
Here's a pic.

Installation:
The bumper didn't come with directions so I called LOD to verify a few things. They immediately sent me pictures of the install and told me to call back if I have any questions. With these pictures, it was a straight forward install. If you can take the stock bumper off, you'll have no problems installing the LOD shorty.

If you're planning on using a Superwinch, make sure you let LOD know. They will add extra holes in the winch plate to accomodate the length of the Superwinch.
The extra holes worked perfectly and my Superwinch EPi 9.0 is mounted snuggly in place.

Summary: I love my new bumper. Customer service scores a perfect 10. I have zero complaints and couldn't have asked for an easier install. See you on the trails

If anyone wants directions or a how-to written, I'd be more than happy to do it using the pictures I was supplied.

Here's a pic of mine installed (skid plate not installed yet).
It's late and I'm tired so I'll get more pic.s in the daylight.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great looking bumper! Definately the best looking stubby IMO!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really good, I should have waited. I just installed the original LoD bumper and Superwinch on mine. I was really happy with the service as well as the bumper. Did you install your skid plate?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great! I like this LOD a lot better than the first bumper they made. If I hadn't already bought mine I would seriously consider this one.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
Did you install your skid plate?
I have the skid plate here but it's not on yet.

I was tired and it was getting late.
I'll get it on tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toad
Now that's the way a bumper SHOULD come packaged. Looks awesome!
Hahahaha, It was actually a project just to get it out of the packaging (Not complaining one bit). Neither the bumper nor the skid plate moved at all in there. It was all well thought out and secured with screws.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VBS4
I have the skid plate here but it's not on yet.

I was getting tired and it was getting late.
I'll get it on tomorrow.

LoD sent me the skid plate with my bumper, but it looks like I'll have to find a way to mount it. They told me I'd have mess around with it a little, so I was expecting to. There's no where to bolt the front bars to the frame, so I was curious to see how you did it so I wouldn't have to figure it out, lol.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
LoD sent me the skid plate with my bumper, but it looks like I'll have to find a way to mount it. They told me I'd have mess around with it a little, so I was expecting to. There's no where to bolt the front bars to the frame, so I was curious to see how you did it so I wouldn't have to figure it out, lol.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I went out and looked at mine. My bumper has the bolt holes and the skid plate apears to bolt right to the crossmember. The crossmember has holes in it already. So all you would need are the bolts, nuts and washers.

I'll know more when I go out and put my skid plate on.

Last edited by VBS4; 02-28-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice bumper! They have come along way with thier packaging, I got mine and it was scratched from where the box gave way. I loved the bumper though, and couldn't get my self to send it back.

Good job Lod!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Updated pic.s and details

I just installed my skid plate today.

A very easy install.

The bumper already holes tapped for the bolts, so it's as easy as holding it in place and tightening the bolts.

I have been asked for dimensions:

From the plastic grill to the front of the bumper: 12.5"
The length of the bumper : 48"
The height of the bumper (not counting skid) : 7.5"

Here are some updated pictures:

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: LOD Signature Series Shorty arrived and installed.