Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for some advice on lift installation

Old 03-19-2007, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for some advice on lift installation

I have several related questions about installing a complete lift kit (springs, control arms, track bars, etc.)

1) Can this reasonable be done by one person (me) with adequate tools?
2) How does one know what is the correct length for the adjustable control arms to duplicate the factory caster angle?
3) Are there any specialty tools I’ll need?

I have full set of wrenches, sockets, breaker bars, torque wrenches, air tools, jacks, jack stands, and spring compressors. I installed two different lift kits on my Liberty, but that is a different beast (IFS).
Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JacksJeep
I have several related questions about installing a complete lift kit (springs, control arms, track bars, etc.)

1) Can this reasonable be done by one person (me) with adequate tools?
2) How does one know what is the correct length for the adjustable control arms to duplicate the factory caster angle?
3) Are there any specialty tools I’ll need?

I have full set of wrenches, sockets, breaker bars, torque wrenches, air tools, jacks, jack stands, and spring compressors. I installed two different lift kits on my Liberty, but that is a different beast (IFS).
Yes, It can be done with one person, it's going to take a couple more hours of course, the hardest thing would be adjusting your track bars without any help, if your getting new track bars,,,, that is..
Old 03-19-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilD
I installed a Superlift 4" by myself, took about 8 hrs, but I was been deliberately slow. I could see it being a 5 hr job by yourself if you work fast. Didn't need any special tools at all and it was easy.

Haven't done adjustable control arms yet, so can't answer that.

I did this same lift in about 6 hours by myself, although it was not my first time I still took my time.

Although I do not have the adjustable control arms.. yet, I believe this is where you will spend the majority of your time, getting it dialed in.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, Guys!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on the control arms; the instructions will usually come with a starting measurement.

Quick Reply: Looking for some advice on lift installation