Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for some help!!....

Old 02-18-2010, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for some help!!....

I'm in some desperate need of some help!! I have a new 2008 jeep wrangler unlimited x 4 dr and I'm wanting to lift it and put some new wheels and tires. I have my mind set on the XD Rockstar rims 18x12.5x9 with either nitto mud grapplers or bfg tire. That's one decision I cant make up is the tires! What way should I go?!!! I know the grapplers are loud...but I drive a semi all day so noise really don't matter.

Second I only have 9 inches of space to work with to get my jeep in my garage. So I figure a total lift height of 7in.

I'm guessing I will do a 3.5 lift with 35s and call it a day? I heard you can do a 4in lift with 37s And have no rubbing issues but I just don't wanna spend alota money and then find I can't get it in my garage!!

I do not off road at all!! I live in Chicago and drive 70 miles a day on the highway. Can someone please help me make a FACT decision! All I been finding is opinions and that Dont help me. Please help me decide what tires brand and size, height lift with tires and lastly what the best complete lift kit under $1k is. I heard rc. Thanks so much guys and when it's done I'll post alota pics. And if there's any other advice u got I'll take it!!! Ciao for now!!
Sloppy
Old 02-18-2010, 03:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your Just going to be on the highway I would go with BFG A/T simply as they do have a more aggresive stance which i think is what your looking for and better highway wear. The Nitto will wear out fast compared and will be loud. As for the lift are you going to DIY? or have a shop do it for you? if you are going to do it yourself PM or call Dave at northridge 4x4 He can hook you up with a good deal on a lift!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Default aslo

for a tire you could also check out the new Goodyear Duratrac. it has a very nice looking stance. and it's on the verge of being a M/T. as far as lift for under 1k. check out the Terra Flex 2.5. there are a few to look at. i like the one that has all the springs and shocks. this lift will give you more to a 3" lift. i think it goes for right around 700. hope this helps.

and i agree with the above post. call David at Northridge. he can help u out.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default Nitto

I love nittos amazing in everything and look the most bad ass out of any other tires but if you are not going to offroad and just be rdriving on the highway it seems useless but truth if u like em than all good
Old 02-18-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

I'm going to buy everything online or thru a business an have a shop install everything. But he's not too much help on the biggest lift and tires or lift that I can fit under 9inches and without rubbing. Thanks for your help please keep it comming!!
Slop
Old 02-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloppylapiana
I'm in some desperate need of some help!! I have a new 2008 jeep wrangler unlimited x 4 dr and I'm wanting to lift it and put some new wheels and tires. I have my mind set on the XD Rockstar rims 18x12.5x9 with either nitto mud grapplers or bfg tire. That's one decision I cant make up is the tires! What way should I go?!!! I know the grapplers are loud...but I drive a semi all day so noise really don't matter.

Second I only have 9 inches of space to work with to get my jeep in my garage. So I figure a total lift height of 7in.

I'm guessing I will do a 3.5 lift with 35s and call it a day? I heard you can do a 4in lift with 37s And have no rubbing issues but I just don't wanna spend alota money and then find I can't get it in my garage!!

I do not off road at all!! I live in Chicago and drive 70 miles a day on the highway. Can someone please help me make a FACT decision! All I been finding is opinions and that Dont help me. Please help me decide what tires brand and size, height lift with tires and lastly what the best complete lift kit under $1k is. I heard rc. Thanks so much guys and when it's done I'll post alota pics. And if there's any other advice u got I'll take it!!! Ciao for now!!
Sloppy
You can use a TeraFlex 2.5" or 3" for those 35's. My co-worker is running 37's on his 3" kit, he just added the extra 4" bumpstops. I'm running a 4" LA with 37's on mine.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Question

Is there a tire out there with the mean look of the nitto mud grappler but the longer life like the bfg?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

If you dont offroad at all, and want 37's. They'll fit with a 3" lift and minor trimming to the pinch seam.

No need to flat fender it, if your not wheeling.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

37s on a 3 in with no rubbing?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Sloppylapiana
37s on a 3 in with no rubbing?
like i said, you'll need to trim some spots, but no chance in rubbing if your not wheeling it.

3" fulltraction kit with factory fenders

Last edited by Piginajeep; 02-18-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for some help!!....