Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lug Nuts 3rd Brake Light - Cali Safe?

Old 12-15-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lug Nuts 3rd Brake Light - Cali Safe?

Offroad Elements BN5010 Brake Nut Lug Light Kit

Is anyone running the brake nuts for the 3rd brake light? is it California compliant? Do they work with a TF hinge/carrier?

Thanks for any info!
Old 12-15-2014, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run them. Great product. Easy to install. But I am not running them in Cali or know if they are good there. Finally, yes I am running them with TF hinge. No issues.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chemlight
I run them. Great product. Easy to install. But I am not running them in Cali or know if they are good there. Finally, yes I am running them with TF hinge. No issues.
Thanks!

Do they stay put in the lug holes, or do they come loose or fall out ever? how tight a fit? So the TF carrier is compatible and nothing gets pinched or kinked, anything?
Old 12-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genrec
Thanks! Do they stay put in the lug holes, or do they come loose or fall out ever? how tight a fit? So the TF carrier is compatible and nothing gets pinched or kinked, anything?
The washers in the kit are placed over the wheel studs so the wires aren't pinched. Feel free to call me tomorrow if you want to chat prior to install! Thank you for your business

My direct line is 774-826-9948
-Eric
Old 12-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genrec
Offroad Elements BN5010 Brake Nut Lug Light Kit Is anyone running the brake nuts for the 3rd brake light? is it California compliant? Do they work with a TF hinge/carrier? Thanks for any info!
Not 100% sure if they are California compliant, if you need any specifics just let me know. I'll do a little bit of research tomorrow to see if they fit CA guidelines.

Quick Reply: Lug Nuts 3rd Brake Light - Cali Safe?