Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M.O.R.E. Jeep JK Wrangler 1" Body Lift - NOW AVAILABLE!!

Old 01-05-2007, 09:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Arrow M.O.R.E. Jeep JK Wrangler 1" Body Lift - NOW AVAILABLE!!

For those of you who are looking for an easy and economical way to get just a little more room under the flares to fit slightly bigger tires, Mountain Off-Road Enterprises has just released their new Jeep JK 1" Body Lift. Click below for more details and to see a larger image of the kit:

M.O.R.E. Jeep JK Wrangler 1" Body Lift

Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any info on installation yet.. Radiator lowering / Shift linkage / etc ???
Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
Any info on installation yet.. Radiator lowering / Shift linkage / etc ???
From what I have been told, installation should be easier than it was on the TJ's. No lowering of the radiator or fan shroud is necessary as the JK's now have an electric fan. As far as the T-Case shifter goes, I am told that no linkage drop bracket is needed and I can only guess this is because of the way it is attached to the transfer case. Basically, everything you see in the kit is all that you will need
Old 01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Most body lifts don't make any sense. Especially this one. It cost's more than the Full Traction Budget Boost, gives you less lift, takes more time to install, and increases stress on the body mounts.

4 strikes you're out.

No thanks.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

It won't cause any issues on the transfer case shifter since in the JK the shifter is connected to the transfer case using a cable.

That's why the transfer case shifter operates so smoothly in the JK.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bayou Boy
Most body lifts don't make any sense. Especially this one. It cost's more than the Full Traction Budget Boost, gives you less lift, takes more time to install, and increases stress on the body mounts.

4 strikes you're out.

No thanks.
I agree, no thanks. Im not a big one for body lifts.

But thanks wayoflife for posting it.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:30 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Bayou Boy
Most body lifts don't make any sense. Especially this one.
Why? It's just a basic 1" body lift?

It cost's more than the Full Traction Budget Boost, gives you less lift...
But who ever said that a body lift should be installed as an alternative to a suspension lift? If you read my press release, I think I clearly stated that it can be a great compliment to one.

...takes more time to install...
I don't know about you but every 1" body lift that I have installed has only taken me 45mins - 1hr to do. Every budget boost I have installed has taken 2-3 hours. But then, as I said before, a body lift should not be used as an alternative to a suspension lift. Also, for whatever it's worth, I have in the past used a 1" body lift in conjunction to a 2" BB on my TJ to allow me an economical way to run 32" tires and I still think it was one of the better setups that I ran

and increases stress on the body mounts.
With anything over 1", I would have to agree with this but we are talking specifically about a 1" body lift
Old 01-05-2007, 11:32 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jdrogers
It won't cause any issues on the transfer case shifter since in the JK the shifter is connected to the transfer case using a cable.

That's why the transfer case shifter operates so smoothly in the JK.
Thanks for the heads up on the shifter. I had a feeling it was changed to be connected to the transfer case itself but didn't know for sure yet.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

I think that a 1" body lift is a great idea for the TJ. I just don't think that it's necessary for the JK. You can fit such large tires with such small lift it kinda makes you not need that little extra. If someone is going to really use 35" tires offroad, then they will probably want the extra travel and suspension control afforded by replacement coils. They probably won't be satisfied with the stock suspension with spacers and the BL.

Now if that person then wanted to fit 37's with that extra 1", I can see that.

But for most mild rigs I just don't see where it will fit into most people's plans.

This is all just my opinion. That's what I like about forums. Everyone can give their own opinion and readers can decide what to do for themselves.

And if you don't think that a 1" BL puts more stress on the mounts you're wrong. Ask any engineer. It may not be as much as taller BLs, but the increase is there. I agree that it is probably an acceptable increase with this small lift, I just wanted to throw it out there. A lot of uninformed people think that a BL is a Bl is a BL. And that is most certainly not the case.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

sounds great this is exactly what i was waiting for. now with my 3" lift i can run 37" on my 2dr with less stress on the drivelines right?

Quick Reply: M.O.R.E. Jeep JK Wrangler 1" Body Lift - NOW AVAILABLE!!