Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which AT?? Made in the USA (sold at Discount Tire)

Old 05-29-2009, 09:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33 12.50 fc ii

I am running 33 12.50 FC II and there a great all around tire.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I believe in buying American, too. Support American jobs whenever you can. I think you're really limiting yourself here, though. Besides, ALL American jobs are not blue collar, or "hands on" types. What about those who are responsible for imports? Don't they have American jobs, too? Isn't that part of the American economy as well? I think any of the American made tirea are probably a good choice, but there are also some fine choices that are imports at much less cost and with GREAT REVIEWS, that will save you money. The thought that you're not supporting American jobs by not buying something made here is really ot true.
Thanks for saying this, though I knew as soon as you did the thread would start to derail
Old 05-30-2009, 03:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I decided to pull the trigger on a set of Duratracs today. We'll see how they do when they get here. Sorry for sharing my opinion again.

While the BFG A/T KO is still at the top of my A/T list due to my prior, first hand experience with them, I'm really liking these Goodyear Duratracs. If their longevity proves to be half-way decent they would probably be my top A/T choice.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
damn you and your opinion on stuff in an online forum!!! how dare you?!? I cannot believe you have the balls to come onto a forum, and type your opinion. Next you will think it is ok to ask a question.... geesh.

Oh, and redneck I want your honest opinion about ride change between current tires and them please. What are you running now?
THe stock 245 SRAs. I went with 265 75 16 Duratracs. I know everybody's goin with either a 33 or 35....or 37, 40......., but there were several factors why I went that route. The biggest one was that the Duratracs are not available in anything other that a 10 ply in the 285 size. That's just too much tire. I went by a local tire shop and compared the 265s with what I have now, and it's a very noticable difference so that's how I went. Honestly, I'll probably never find the outer limits of what the Jeep will be able to do with this setup anyway. yeah...I guess that makes it more of a poser....but dammit, it'll be able to do it if I want it to. I only got four tires for now. I'll be getting the fifth within the next 60 days and I'm gonna put um on then. It may happen before then, but I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
My bad on the REVO's, I looked up the Firestone/Bridgestone manufacturing plants, R&D, and test and they have a good amount in the US. I think it's a US-based company anyway, contributing to our GDP, correct if wrong.
Yes, I'd always believed they were a US co. Either way, I absolutely LOVE my Revos. So far they've been the best AT I've ever had.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I love mine! Aggressive looks, too, for an AT (and these are 33s x 10.5s):

btw Mark.......GREAT FREEKIN' PICTURE...!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JYogi

I was all set on the BFG AT

BUT

They are not made in America.

In this economy and political climate I am not sending my money to France.
I just picked up a set of very slightly used BFG A/T's. FYI they say "Made in America" right on them. Maybe they are not all made here, but at least some of them are.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tire rack has a country of origin listed for every tire they sell. It's on the "specs" tab. It looks like all the BFG AT's are made in the USA.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

I got a chance to take some pictures today, but only in the driveway. I did hit some gravel roads and a construction site after I took the pictures though. Wheeling will have to wait until my lift comes in.

They're a 33" tire (275/70-R18). The suspension is bone stock (I have a lift on order), but they fit okay for road duty.

I've out about 100km on them on pavement and gravel roads. So far I love them! I can't wait to get them into something more than a construction site.

First impressions:
* They look way more aggressive in person than they do in photos.
* The siping is deep and the 'ridges' between treads are sharp and seem grippy.
* They are surprisingly quiet on the road; you can hear them with the soft top on, but it isn't intrusive.
* They ride very smoothly with only a bit of tread vibration right before stopping.
* Steering is just a bit heavier (went from 255 to 275)
* The 275 width on stock rims results in just a bit of rubbing at full lock. An adjustment to the steering stops should take care of that.
* I expect that they will rub under articulation, so I'm looking forward to the lift arriving before I hit the trails.
* The grip is really good, no troubles in the muddy construction site, depsite the mud from several days of heavy rain.

Pics:

Old 05-31-2009, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

They look great!
Thanks for the pics.

Quick Reply: Which AT?? Made in the USA (sold at Discount Tire)