Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Making own coil spacers

Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making own coil spacers

Like the title says I want to make my own coil spacers for my 09 JK X. I have access to copious amounts of UHMW polyurethane and lathes. I was thinking about making 2" pucks. I was wanting to know if these lathe turned spacers hold up as good as injected ones you can buy. Also ive done alot of looking around and emailing and if anybody can find me diagrams with dimensions on spacers for both front and back itd be a godsend.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

For $140 you can get 4 with longer disconnects.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
JK Newbie

I know there are some good deals out there. But im the kind of guy that gets satisfaction out of making my own parts and putting them to use. If i can make it myself why not do it?
I was planing on buying disconnects, front tracking bar and rear tracking bracket; also making bump stop extensions and if im feeling frisky maybe even wheel spacers.

Not to sound like a douche, I know I can buy the spacers and they arent that expensive. But I just wanted to know if anyone heard and failing or safety issues with lathe turned spacers.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can expect any of the manufacturers to "give" you there designs. If you want to make your own, then design your own. That is why companies got a R & D department. What you want to do is copying someone ells's design.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Using another's design for reference is not copying (well maybe...but everyone does it). I plan on ordering some spacers within the next two weeks. I will let you know the dimensions once they come.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by phillybaggett
Using another's design for reference is not copying (well maybe...but everyone does it). I plan on ordering some spacers within the next two weeks. I will let you know the dimensions once they come.
Thank you! thatd be a big help.
And yea like philly said id basically be using them as a guideline. I might change or add a taper to the middle or increase fitment area walls as I see fit. Maybe even play around with the thickness to get a stance that i want.

Thanks again philly ill really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Making own coil spacers