Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Manual Locker Help

Old 04-10-2020, 02:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual Locker Help

I had an Aussie locker XD-13027 installed on my Dana 30 front axel. At the same time I was trying to get an Aussie rear locker for my Dana 44. My installer says the Aussie locker isn't an option for my rear as its only for a manual transmission. To be honest this part is a little over my head so that is why I am asking for some help. Is there a manual locker that can be installed in my 2017 JKU Automatic with 4.56 gears? Any help would be appreciated. Trying to be as cost conscious as possible. Thanks for the help in advance
Old 04-10-2020, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Starting around 2012 with the change to the 3.6L engine, folks started having issues with rear auto-lockers in automatics. I haven't followed it too closely, so can't tell you if it was only certain years or everything after 2012. If your shop knows for a fact that it won't work with your particular year, then you are left with the expensive selectables or a Limited Slip.

I would suggest the Detroit Truetrac, which uses gears instead of clutches. (Strong, very good performance, if not quite locker level hookup, and half the price of selectables.)

Another option is the PowerTrax GripPro, which is a new competitor to the truetrac in the mechanical limited slip market. It is a bit cheaper, but I still have not seen any actual first-hand reviews or feedback. If you go this route, do us a favor and post a review.

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-10-2020 at 09:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Todd Kaercher (04-10-2020)

Quick Reply: Manual Locker Help