Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Massachusetts Dealer Experience

Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massachusetts Dealer Experience

I made the switch. After a ZJ and WJ, I purchased a '12 JKU Sahara from Brigham Gill in Mass at the end of the last summer. So far it's bone stock but I'm looking to change that before its time to go topless. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with Brigham Gill and slightly lifted jeeps in terms of warranty work. How about any other dealers in the area. Is there some sort of blacklist of dealers that have been know to hassle people? Sounds like they keep one on us.

Last edited by ThreeSheets; 03-20-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know for sure but Just for Jeeps Mopar Jeep Accessories & Parts Store at JustForJeeps.com is run out of the dealership in Norwood. They sell Mopar stuff, including lifts, and the guy that runs it had some big Jeep event last summer. It might be worth your time to check into it. I got my most recent rig from a small dealership in Randolph and they seemed ok with modded and lifted Jeeps but they have since been sold and relocated to Brockton and it's a pretty big place, not sure how mod friendly they are.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

and if I remember correctly Metro Chrysler Jeep Dodge | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Johnston, RI 02919 in Rhode Island sells and installs Tera-Flex stuff so they must be mod friendly
Old 03-20-2013, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually In Waltham so Norwood isn't too far.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
and if I remember correctly Metro Chrysler Jeep Dodge | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Johnston, RI 02919 in Rhode Island sells and installs Tera-Flex stuff so they must be mod friendly
Metro is awesome. I know one of the parts guys and he has helped me quite a bit. They even did my 5.13 gears. They are very mod friendly.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

What did they get you for the regear, if you don't mind me asking. I got mine off the lot with 3.21 and am kinda regretting it.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, I kind of got a good deal since they mispriced some of the work. In MA or RI, expect to pay about $500 per axle for labor to regear. Some places let you bring your own gears and others won't. If you can find a place that will let you bring them, you can grab the gear special from NR for $550 (plus you will need a new carrier). So expect to pay about $1,600 on average for a re-gear. There might be places that you can find for cheaper but the $500 and axle in the northeast is pretty much standard.

So, what did I pay....well, Metro preferred to use Superior gears and they cost more than the Yukon or G2 gear specials vendors sell here. So after I priced them and compared them to Metro, I just let Metro deal with it. I believe parts were almost $800 with the master install kit (the pricing I got was very very close to this).

The total bill for me was $1900 but it included the following

1. Superior gears
2. Labor to install
3. Welding C Gussets (I supplied parts)
4. Installing inner sleeves.
5. Maintaining my warranty on my e-locker (this would instantly be voided if installed elsewhere)

The inner sleeves is where they mispriced. They did not realize that the TF sleeves required drilling holes in the housing and then spot welding them. That alone added several hours to the job but they did not charge me (I actually offered to pay).
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do all the labor to my own rig but I get any OEM parts from Somerset Jeep/Chrysler. The prices are standard with every other Stealership but I have yet to try to get something they didn't have in stock. It's nice knowing you can grab a hub assembly, shift knob and tie rod nut all in the same day. Plus the guys there seem to know why they're doing behind the parts desk. Haven't had a bad experience yet.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

I just picked up a 2010 JKU from Brigham and gill about a month ago. Talked to the service manager when I was there and he basically said no problem with lifts,tires,exhaust or intake. Said stay away from performance chips/ programers and there wouldn't be an issue. He also said its a jeep we expect people to mod them... Btw I'm also from Waltham. small world

Quick Reply: Massachusetts Dealer Experience