Measuring LCAs with flex joints and bends? - Page 5

Measuring LCAs with flex joints and bends?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Y, outside of some major change to your build, you shouldn't have to adjust those again. But, it's been a good learning experience for you at least.

You can get it beside the joint on the face of the flange ? I can get a magnetic angle and my phone on there.
    37" Nitto RG's, RK 3.5 x-factor arms, PSC big bore, Steer Smarts HD YETI track bar, tie rod, drag link and Griffin, Artec TB bracket/truss, fox IPF 2.0 shocks, EVO Rock stars, Dana front DS, Savvy half doors

The shop alignment numbers are in. They charged me for an alignment, my toe was out some.

Here's where I'm at now with the Front LCAs adjusted to 23 1/16"

This is exactly where I was hoping to be for caster!!! I was worried I was going to be in the low 4's with those 1.5 and 2.0 degree pinion measurements.

Using that 1.3 degree flange measurement, it looks like my pinion angle measurement was off by .5 to .7 degrees

I can say this for certain. I didn't think my JKU rode "bad" previously, when my caster was in that 2.7deg range. I thought it was ok and sometimes it was a bit harsh going over some of the larger bumps in the road, especially driving over parking lot speed bumps and railroad tracks it Would feel harsh. Now that I've adjusted those arms and my caster is in that 5.3 range, it feels like I'm riding in a cadillac. It actually reminds me of the day I drove my JKU home new from the dealership.
    '09 Sahara JKU
    Mods:
    - Mopar BBK, Mopar 2in lift, AEV Front tubeless bumper, skid plate, 12K winch.
    - 315/70/R17 BFG KO2's mounted on DC Gunmetal 7's, TF HD Carrier
    - Ruffstuff HD Tie rod,Synergy HD Draglink,TF Front HD TB,RC X-flex adj front LCA's
    - Katzkin Leather, 7.2 Surround 2800W Infinity Audio System
    My Write-Ups:
    Folding Hitch Cargo Basket with Rear Lighting
    MyGIG RHR (730N) Install
    Android OBD2 Wifi Adapter Setup Guide (No Root)

Well, glad you got that squared away. That angle finder was off by a decent amount....surprised by that much. Mine was much closer than that, but maybe I just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by resharp001 View Post
    Well, glad you got that squared away. That angle finder was off by a decent amount....surprised by that much. Mine was much closer than that, but maybe I just got lucky.
    Yes, going to have to play around with taking that measurement some more now that I know what I'm doing and I have a target I'm aiming for.
    '09 Sahara JKU
    Mods:
    - Mopar BBK, Mopar 2in lift, AEV Front tubeless bumper, skid plate, 12K winch.
    - 315/70/R17 BFG KO2's mounted on DC Gunmetal 7's, TF HD Carrier
    - Ruffstuff HD Tie rod,Synergy HD Draglink,TF Front HD TB,RC X-flex adj front LCA's
    - Katzkin Leather, 7.2 Surround 2800W Infinity Audio System
    My Write-Ups:
    Folding Hitch Cargo Basket with Rear Lighting
    MyGIG RHR (730N) Install
    Android OBD2 Wifi Adapter Setup Guide (No Root)

Yep i was different about 1 , so now you know the difference next time if adjusting CA's.
    37" Nitto RG's, RK 3.5 x-factor arms, PSC big bore, Steer Smarts HD YETI track bar, tie rod, drag link and Griffin, Artec TB bracket/truss, fox IPF 2.0 shocks, EVO Rock stars, Dana front DS, Savvy half doors

JK Newbie

as far as replacing your joints with MCs, i don't think it is smart move. they aren't designed to bound when level. that's one of the reasons MC has to build their arms with proper geometry. i believe you can replace the RC joints with Johnny Joints.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345